MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enigma Computer Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hmm, perhaps I could organize the statistics...I'm using the AdStats plugin for the additional stats btw.

I think I want to keep it like that, however the attachment size listing could be removed.
I'm actually jealous of the content you've generated, I struggle with that area.
(2011-03-28, 06:20 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually jealous of the content you've generated, I struggle with that area.

Ah well, thanks Smile
New features coming up is an integrated WordPress blog and few changes to the graphics and links. The black nav bar I plan to reorganize into menus, and I need to fix the way the icons beside the lightbulbs appear I know.
How did you get such an active member base?
(2011-03-28, 07:06 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]How did you get such an active member base?

Well, that's due to multiple things. The first is content. People can't find your forum if you don't have content, or enough of it, though enough is never enough Wink Second is SEO. I installed the Google SEO plugin from here and my visits got boosted by 200% according to Google Analytics. However, SEO helps only if you have content.
Also, I am (or try) to be active on other forums, where (if allowed) I put an image link in my sig (as you can see) and actively post and contribute to that community.
And I have several dedicated friends who are very knowledgeable about their subjects and post often. I try to listen to my members about problems and possible improvements, and I encourage them all to be polite and courteous in their dealings with other people, as possible members could get turned away by even one rude post or heavily opinionated thread in my opinion.
Your forum will grow if you manage it right. Mine has been around for 5 months now, so it's had some time Smile
How old is your forum?
I'd say my forum is about a week or so old, I've been advertising a fair bit though.
(2011-03-28, 07:44 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say my forum is about a week or so old, I've been advertising a fair bit though.

Well you have more members than I had at that time, so yours has a strong chance of taking off. Get the SEO installed, it takes a lot of work to get it right but in the end it is so worth it.

Also I forgot to mention that I asked my members to also advertise on other forums in the same way I do, which I believe has been helping too.
How did you get this overall look? Is it a Theme or You edit the default Template?
(2011-03-28, 05:29 PM)annaconda Wrote: [ -> ]How did you get this overall look? Is it a Theme or You edit the default Template?

It's a theme by Justin S. called Apart Night, which I have edited somewhat.
So all the icons, etc were included in the Theme? I mean how Did you get the icons in between?

[Image: untitled.jpg]

Pages: 1 2 3