MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a forum invisble while Hide Private Forums is set to No
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically we have a forum which we like members to know is there, so its visible but there not able to see or post within the forum. To make this happen i have "Hide Private Forums?" set to no.

We also have a category and forum that guests can post in if there having issues signing up or receiving activation emails. We would like to make this visible to only guest, waiting activation and admin's. The reason is to keep the place tidy for exciting members as why would they need to post in a forum for them thats having troubles becoming a member.

Anybody know how i can achieve this? Thank You!

My idea was to skip category order 0 from showing if user is not guest, waiting or admin. Im quite familiar with PHP code but wouldn't know where or what to do for this. Plus im trying to not modify core files so updating is easier.
So a Category & Forum you want only guests to be able to see?
You don't need to code anything extra, just change the permissions on the category so that all other groups can't access any of it besides Guests, Awaiting Validation & all staff.

The Forums within' the category should inherit those permissions.

Hope I'm right about what you want.
Hello and thank you.

This i have already done, but its doesn't hide the forum and catergory from members, they can still see the forum just not inside the forum. I would like members to not see the forum so its invisible to them.

At the same time we encourage members to post by having a forum (under a different category) which after time we invite them into, we would like this forum to remain visible by them that don't have permissions to view it.
Configurations -> Board Settings -> Forum Home Options -> Hide Private Forums -> Set that to no.

That what you want?
You'd need a plugin to have one private forum hidden and one not.
Not unless all he wants to do is this.

http://i51.tinypic.com/35iaseu.png

The way he's asking could just be confusing me. It isn't really very clear. :s
Hello sorry if im confusing Supa.

Hide Private Forums is already set to No as i have one forum i wish to be seen. I have another forum i wish to be invisible.

AJS do you know of the plugin, i have looked but couldn't find one.
So you want two forums in one category. You want one of them to be invisible, while you want the other to be visible? Am I understanding you correctly?
Close, take a look at tradestalkforum.com

The first forum you will see is in its own category 'Trouble Signing Up' this i would like visible to only Guests, Awaiting Activation and Admin members, category and forum.

If you look down to the last forum 'Club Room' this is set up how we like it, you can see its there but can't post or view the threads until we make you part of the club members group. This i want to keep as it is.

If it makes things easier i could move the Trouble Signing Up forum to the welcome category and delete the category it used to be in.

We want the Trouble Signing Up forum invisible to members to keep things tidy, they don't need to see or post in there only admin's do, it keeps the forums list down to a min.
Anybody?

Thank You
Pages: 1 2