MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit button not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any time I try to use the edit button,it does not work unless I right click it and open in new tab.

What would cause it to do this..
URL?? Test account??
When you click on Edit, does it say quick edit and full edit?
(2010-11-04, 10:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]URL?? Test account??

http://admincentralforums.com

account user/demodemo

@DO nope
You're getting javascript because of jQuery, it's conflicting with ProtoType.
Uhmm okay .. So what do I do <.<.
The link I posted above explains what to do.
Well I tried that and I still can't edit ..

Here is what I have -

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1400">

</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  $.noConflict();
  // Code that uses other library's $ can follow here.
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1400"></script>
</script>
(2010-11-08, 12:12 AM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]Well I tried that and I still can't edit ..

Here is what I have -

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1400">

</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  $.noConflict();
  // Code that uses other library's $ can follow here.
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1400"></script>
</script>

I think you misunderstood the usage of the noconflict function. The way you used it would work if you put the actual code there and not script include tags for other jscripts.

For your case do this:
- First revert back the above to the way it was before

Then add this
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

after your first jquery include. Which I think is in the footer.
Pages: 1 2