MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Huge Problem - Forum permissions ignored.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
PM me admin login details. There must be something you're missing. The permissions work.
I couldn't double check the permissions as I didn't have an admin account, but I tried in Chrome and it's fine, and I tried in IE7 and it's fine, I can't see the forum as a guest in either. As I said, this can't be a browser specific problem, your browser is not going to have an effect on the PHP loading the permissions. The permissions look fine from the cache you posted, I can't see the forum as a guest even in IE, nobody else can, it has to be a problem on your end, with your installation of IE or something.
i had tried with localhost, temporary mybb installation and browsed the site in IE 7 with permissions set and it worked fine, and i think its not problem with IE. but when i browse the live site, those forums are still shown.
i also have disabled some forums from guests..but while seeing who is online list, i can see the guests reading a thread, the thread name is not shown ....who's online shows something like this:

Guest - Reading thread
i think guest is seeing the thread of invisible forum.....
(2010-11-09, 12:26 PM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]i had tried with localhost, temporary mybb installation and browsed the site in IE 7 with permissions set and it worked fine, and i think its not problem with IE. but when i browse the live site, those forums are still shown.

And you are categorically sure that you are logged out?? To be honest it just sounds like you're not getting logged out Undecided
i cross checked that and i also deleted cookies. but same problem. well, sorry that i didnt gave admin permissions before. i just that account with admin access.
(2010-11-09, 12:27 PM)jatt Wrote: [ -> ]i also have disabled some forums from guests..but while seeing who is online list, i can see the guests reading a thread, the thread name is not shown ....who's online shows something like this:

Guest - Reading thread
i think guest is seeing the thread of invisible forum.....

They are not reading the thread, they are seeing the "no permission" message.
(2010-11-08, 11:25 PM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i think no one have noticed this.

If possible, generate this issue on your board.
Go to forum management -> user group permissions and set the "Guest" permissions to not view a forum.

Now open your board in IE and the forum's user group permissions are ignored. Everyone can see the forums that are not to view.

What is the cause?

Worked for me.
I tried this and could not duplicate the results 1master1 claimed. Is 1master1 setting and seeing the permission set as custom permission for the thread? (see attachment)

[attachment=20469]

master, PM me some admin login details and I will check it out if you want me to.
Pages: 1 2 3