MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post your web development pet peeves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
- when things aren't aligned perfectly, even by 1 pixel
- internet explorer
- Free domains/FreeWebs
- Sites made completely by flash or a slice job in Photoshop
- Lots of Advertisements

I know there's a lot more it's just I can't think of much at the moment :p
- Administrators who use free domains (co.cc, co.nr, etc.) and say they're "Collecting funds so they can afford a domain eventually." It's what- $10 dollars a year on a standard plan?
- Free forums (MyBBNew, CreateMyBB, etc.)
- Websites that offer nothing worthwile and request donations.
- People who call themselves code experts because they can break a frickin' line in HTML.
(2010-11-18, 02:12 AM)z Alex Wrote: [ -> ]- Sites made completely by flash or a slice job in Photoshop

How do you use that Slice in Photoshop and what is its use?

(2010-11-18, 02:34 AM)Vocaloid Wrote: [ -> ]- Administrators who use free domains (co.cc, co.nr, etc.) and say they're "Collecting funds so they can afford a domain eventually." It's what- $10 dollars a year on a standard plan?
- Free forums (MyBBNew, CreateMyBB, etc.)
- Websites that offer nothing worthwile and request donations.

I use co.cc because I'm still looking for a good site to buy a domain
I used MyBBnew before so that I'll learn the basics of foruming
HD used to but once the domain is bought, it will be. Not to be rude but it seems that your forum is what is in the 3rd...

Anyway...

On topic:

-IE Users
-Content Rippers. Those who copies your forum contents and put it in their sites and claim it as theirs
(2010-11-18, 02:37 PM)E-Hero Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-18, 02:12 AM)z Alex Wrote: [ -> ]- Sites made completely by flash or a slice job in Photoshop

How do you use that Slice in Photoshop and what is its use?

It's actually a nice tool called the slice tool. It allows you take an image and slice it into many parts that can be exported as multiple images. And, in all honesty when used correctly there is no issue with it. However if you just slice the site up into parts(full parts instead of just a small part that can repeat) it defeats the purpose.

Couldn't really find a good tutorial example off hand but they are out there Toungue.

(2010-11-10, 03:14 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]- Forums that use phpBB, or nulled paid software

Do you report this to the developers and host?

(2010-11-10, 03:14 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]- Sites with CPAlead
That's why I developed a blocker for it and CPALock, Leadbolt and Cupexmedia. http://dmmcintyre3.tk/cpalead-bypass

(2010-11-10, 03:14 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]- Trafficless forums infested with banner ads
How much do they really make from that? If there is more ads per page than posts on the whole forum then get rid of the ads and make some posts. Add back the ads once it gets too big for free hosting.
Pages: 1 2 3