MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone else get Black Ops?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I did at midnight last night, played it for two hours, slept for 4-ish, then played some more before school.

Awesome game so far, zombies kinda scares the crap outta me due to lack of sleep..

Definitely recommended to fans of the series.. man am I tired.
i may pick it up this weekend.
I got it too. It's SO AWESOME! Love the zombie minigame, can't get enough of it. Toungue
My cuz going to pick it up, once he gets bored of it I'll buy off him for 10 15 bucks xD
Nice! Smile
Haven't got it yet but I've had a few of my mates moan saying that Modern Warfare 2 is better online though?

What's changed in the online multiplayer?
I'm sure it's fun, but seeing what they did with MW2 (and being a history/military buff that I am) I'll find a lot of the parts absurd.

Absurd parts of MW2:

The whole game. An big part of our security went down in Russia, and what did we do? Did we change all of our locks and codes? No. Did we assume they had broken it and prepared for a fight after what happened in the Air Port? No. What did we do? Ask the SAS to get it back (what are the SAS doing taking orders from the US Military, anyway? Don't we have SEALs to do stuff like this? Also, SEALs have Army/Marine ranks, not Naval. Also, people flying helicopters are enlisted, not even warrant officers).

So, we get it back, assume everything is fine and dandy after a US CIA Operative shot and killed hundreds of Russian Civilians (how did they know he was CIA, anyway?) and go about our lives. We' re then surprised when they attack us. We're surprised...US Navy, Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, English, French, German, NATO, NASA, etc. radar never picked up the entire RUSSIAN NAVY AND ARMY COMING TOWARD US!? Well, the NORAD guy contacts the nearest unit in your sector: the 75th Ranger Regiment. First of all, the 75th doesn't have any bases in the Washington DC area. WHY ARE THEY THERE!? Second, why did a sergeant pick up? Were all the officers busy doing nothing? And why are there only three officers in the entire game? This bugged me in the first game, as 50% of the Marine Corps are officers.

Well, we think "maybe if we give this guy the guy in the Gulag he'll go away." So they go and get this guy, and it turns out to be our old friend Captain Price. We were 100% sure he died in the last game. You'll never guess what happened to him, either! You'll never guess this because there are absolutely no clues or hints as to what happened. So, we go and get him, and Price, without any question to his mental or physical health, is let back into the SAS. He disobeys a direct order from Shepard and launches a missile (which we are lead to believe to be a nuke, despite the fact that no massive damage happens to Washington). Well, that beats them back and we win the game.

</rant>

That said, I'll rent it and play it.
I hope i can get it, I don't like the point system they've added though.
(2010-11-10, 10:35 AM)Ryon H Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it's fun, but seeing what they did with MW2 (and being a history/military buff that I am) I'll find a lot of the parts absurd.

Absurd parts of MW2:

The whole game. An big part of our security went down in Russia, and what did we do? Did we change all of our locks and codes? No. Did we assume they had broken it and prepared for a fight after what happened in the Air Port? No. What did we do? Ask the SAS to get it back (what are the SAS doing taking orders from the US Military, anyway? Don't we have SEALs to do stuff like this? Also, SEALs have Army/Marine ranks, not Naval. Also, people flying helicopters are enlisted, not even warrant officers).

So, we get it back, assume everything is fine and dandy after a US CIA Operative shot and killed hundreds of Russian Civilians (how did they know he was CIA, anyway?) and go about our lives. We' re then surprised when they attack us. We're surprised...US Navy, Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, English, French, German, NATO, NASA, etc. radar never picked up the entire RUSSIAN NAVY AND ARMY COMING TOWARD US!? Well, the NORAD guy contacts the nearest unit in your sector: the 75th Ranger Regiment. First of all, the 75th doesn't have any bases in the Washington DC area. WHY ARE THEY THERE!? Second, why did a sergeant pick up? Were all the officers busy doing nothing? And why are there only three officers in the entire game? This bugged me in the first game, as 50% of the Marine Corps are officers.

Well, we think "maybe if we give this guy the guy in the Gulag he'll go away." So they go and get this guy, and it turns out to be our old friend Captain Price. We were 100% sure he died in the last game. You'll never guess what happened to him, either! You'll never guess this because there are absolutely no clues or hints as to what happened. So, we go and get him, and Price, without any question to his mental or physical health, is let back into the SAS. He disobeys a direct order from Shepard and launches a missile (which we are lead to believe to be a nuke, despite the fact that no massive damage happens to Washington). Well, that beats them back and we win the game.

</rant>

That said, I'll rent it and play it.
Lol I'm gonna replay the campaign now and check all that Toungue

Unless I go to a friends and play it and find it amazing - I'm sick of CoD.... They should make more content for the games they already have instead of making new one. Again.
Havent, but the guys at overclock.net were very excited
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7