MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to do??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yahoo.com filed a ridiculous accusation against a forum I run, saying that it apparently contains data to steal credit card info. This is absolutely ridiculous and I would never, EVER do such a thing in my life.
That sucks. :/

So have you been banned from their search engines, got an official letter in the mail thing, or what? If it's just being banned from the search engine, you might want to ask them exactly where they found that at. Then if they do happen to find something (doubt they will) then remove it and contact them again.

What site was it?
No, all that's happened is the site was disabled until the issue is solved. For some unknown reason, my account may have been compromised as Yahoo apparently found a subdomain where illegal activities were coming from on my domain

The domain is hpcommunity.co.uk but it's disabled due to this ridiculous report.

I've attached the entire report filed against my site below:
Quote:Fraudulent content being published at:

URL: http://yahoo3.hpcommunity.co.uk/yahoo/yahoo/mail.html

IP: 173.193.201.130

Target of Phishing Attack: Yahoo.com

Initial Detection Date: 11/12/2010

Dear Network Administrator:

Internet Identity has received information that the website address (URL),
http://yahoo3.hpcommunity.co.uk/yahoo/yahoo/mail.html

which appears to be on a server under your control, is an illegitimate website that attempts to mimic or "spoof" the Yahoo.com site.

We recommend that you investigate this website as soon as possible. In order to protect innocent visitors to the site from being misled or victimized, we request that you remove the fraudulent pages located on that machine.

We are working on behalf of Yahoo.com to deactivate such fraud websites. The website attempts to collect personal login and financial information of visitors including credit card details. Based on our investigation, this website is unauthorized and unrelated to Yahoo.com, and likely constitutes an improper attempt to obtain personal details of unsuspecting visitors. A practice also known as "phishing."

We also request that you sequester any data related to this site for future investigation by law enforcement. This would include files, source code, and any data stored that is associated with it. It would also include any log entries of access to the server for the site, connections to upload or download data to the site, or records of the account being created.

If you are not the appropriate staff to handle this matter, we ask that you immediately escalate this matter to the attention of those within your organization who can resolve this network abuse issue.

Additionally, we invite you to help us and the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG) in the fight against phishing with two important activities.

First, please help us to educate consumers who are fooled by this criminal web site. You can do this by pointing the illegal URL to an educational page at:

http://education.apwg.org/r/en/

The instructions on how to implement it can be found here:

http://education.apwg.org/r/how_to.html

IID -- on behalf of Yahoo.com
Actively Securing the Extended Enterprise

E-mail: [email protected]
Office: +1.253.590.4100 | Fax: +1.425.699.6597

I never even created the subdomain they listed, and I've not been in cpanel for the site in ages. Why would a subdomain just appear for no reason??
It's been hacked - virus scan your computer then change your password after explaining this to Hawkhost.
I have already told them that I would never ever do a thing like this and do Yahoo really expect someone who's only 17 to do something like this??

The problem is now the search engines are going to penalise me because of this. I only hope my SEO package will save me from this.
Well that's even worse in my book. :/

Chances are like Derek said, is that your computer has a virus on it. Probably with a keylogger or something which the hacker used to get your password to create the sub-domain. Hopefully you'll be able to get this all sorted out soon.
Not sure, that's really dumb..
(2010-11-12, 07:26 PM)BrickMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's even worse in my book. :/

Chances are like Derek said, is that your computer has a virus on it. Probably with a keylogger or something which the hacker used to get your password to create the sub-domain. Hopefully you'll be able to get this all sorted out soon.

Agreed. The thing is, I haven't been on cPanel or even FTP for a while now. So I don't know how the hacker gained access to my account. There's a chance that other accounts on the same server have been rooted as well.
Does anyone else have Cpanel access? And do you use the same password for it ANYWHERE ELSE?
Nope, I'm the only person who can access the cpanel. There is one other admin who owns the site, but he only has FTP access. The mods and admins here already know my IP, so they can see that the IP apparently used in the attack is nowhere near my true IP.
Pages: 1 2