MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Love the software but updating no way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's your actual URL?? All you have to do to get to the upgrader is add /install/upgrade.php to the end of your normal URL...

Don't get what you mean by you can access it by FTP but that doesn't login... it's just accessing a file in the install folder, just like you access any other file...

Edit: Found your URL after a quick Google, this is the URL you need:

http://www.xxxx-n-xxxxxx.com/install/upgrade.php

I've changed the words in your domain to an x in case you don't want it shared, so replace the x's with what it should be, but that's it.

You'll need to remove the lock file from the install folder, then just run through the wizard.
no I was accessing the ftp via browser so saw the script & login.

I did finally get it & again thanks for all the help

yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade... confused me the forumfolder should be omitted & as I said was user error, I am used to plugin methods of install so I kept uploading the files in the documentaion folder & it caused a probem.

Do now understand why is simple to the knowing & hope you can all understand why it is not so much to those that don't. Thank you all for your help & patience & understanding.
Glad to see you got it. Here is the picture I was going to put up to show how to copy all the upload files at once using filezilla. You open the download folder in a window, select ALL the files, then drag them to filezilla. Filezilla will copy directly from a window on your computer to your server.

[Image: elbde8.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3