MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bought a XenForo License
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:Not to mention to my knowledge the mod and theme community hasn't really been well established yet

I would say that it's no longer a question though that MyBB has a very strong base of plugin authors and quality theme developers. I'm seeing some real kick lime stuff lately. Two years ago there was certainly a lack of quality themes imho but now I see authors building VB, IPB, and MYBB versions of themes. And why shouldn't they? MyBB has one of the easiest to build template systems.
(2010-11-18, 06:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Not to mention to my knowledge the mod and theme community hasn't really been well established yet

I would say that it's no longer a question though that MyBB has a very strong base of plugin authors and quality theme developers. I'm seeing some real kick lime stuff lately. Two years ago there was certainly a lack of quality themes imho but now I see authors building VB, IPB, and MYBB versions of themes. And why shouldn't they? MyBB has one of the easiest to build template systems.

Would it be wrong of me to think the fact we have a strong plugin author base is because of you and your long long list of great plugins?

(2010-11-18, 06:14 PM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be wrong of me to think the fact we have a strong plugin author base is because of you and your long long list of great plugins?
The way you are saying this is not correct. Please do not flame others.

I agree that we got very few plugin developers though.
(2010-11-18, 06:14 PM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be wrong of me to think the fact we have a strong plugin author base is because of you and your long long list of great plugins?

Thanks but from my perspective it's credit to MyBB for creating a simple to use plugin system. I'd never had been part of MyBB if it wasn't for their great coding. I'm the first guy that did a number of things with MyBB like having a paid plugin site and reaching 5 million posts. But again most of the credit goes to MyBB imho. It's their software, their rules, and their policies that brought me here.
(2010-11-18, 06:19 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]
The way you are saying this is not correct. Please do not flame others.

I agree that we got very few plugin developers though.

Erm... That wasn't flaming >_> it was a compliment Smile

Ontopic: haven't tried xen but it looks promising
(2010-11-18, 06:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed Big Grin. But, that was pointed more at XF right now Toungue. Was just using MyBB's past as an example.
Personally I think MyBB just needs a facelift. How many people nowadays will simply pass off MyBB due to it's outdated UI? Feature-wise MyBB crushes the majority of the competition - and thanks to these features, it'd be pretty damn simple to update the current UI. Just my thoughts anyways.
Unfortunately UI update isn't coming till 2.0. I really think a new default theme in 1.6 would have helped a lot.
But it would have broken every theme and a lot of plugins which isn't what we wanted to do, and the release would have been much much later.
(2010-11-19, 03:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]But it would have broken every theme and a lot of plugins which isn't what we wanted to do, and the release would have been much much later.

Not saying a complete UI overhaul, just a new theme.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7