MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't know whether or not to make a Marketplace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know whether or not to make a marketplace. People say it makes your forum become more popular, but i really don't want to get sued if someone gets scam. Should i require they all be done through paypal, not as gifts or???
Are you even running a forum where this is remotely close to relevant? If you're not, tell them to handle their transactions elsewhere, really.
Gaming Forums. People said on another forum i should ad one. I just don't know if selling accounts should be allowed.
... then tell them to go elsewhere. Why get you and your site involved?
Well, i dont know because hackforums has it.
Not sure of the actual legalities of it, but if you post clear disclaimers that your site:

does not endorse any member either buying or selling
does not endorse or recommend any specific item or service
does not guarantee any transaction starting or taking place via your site
will not resolve any disputes amongst parties involved with any transaction
will ban any user proven to be defrauding another member in transactions on the site

you should be fairly well covered. I have similar rules for my classified section. Only a few issues have come up between members, and it never involved me
(2010-11-19, 12:08 AM)MattG Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i dont know because hackforums has it.

And are your forums as popular as HF? Do you have as many members? Do your members have a legitimate need for it? Does it better your community?

Generally speaking, no one would request a marketplace on a small forum unless they intended to avoid getting in trouble.
Agree with pavement. Having a disclaimer will be a better choice.
Yah, im just scared. as long as i have something down in writing, its fine.

So for example, if something happens to as where someone gets scammed, do i let them deal with it or do i step in?
Mention in disclaimer that you will not be responsible if anything goes wrong with the transactions and the user have to deal it by himself.

Its better to stay away from involving in it.
Pages: 1 2