MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Leaving SMF for ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My patience with SMF is wore out. My disposition is like stone and water. I have the patience of a stone, and like water enjoy the path of least resistance. I joined the forum to determine if MyBB is worth the effort invested in its learning curve?
You shouldn't really have any issues picking it up that I can think. If you have any questions feel free to ask Wink.
I used to be a smf users but switched to mybb, and i can honestly say,im so happy with the mybb. Its just great. I have 1 forum with mybb and 1 forum with smf, but im planning to make more forums, all of which will use mybb. Its just really great!
it requires no learning curve Big Grin

glad to have you here Smile
When, it comes to converting a time sequenced rotating theme to MyBB, I would guess there will be one! Big Grin
MyBB has much better themes available than SMF.
Words probably wont convince you. Just try it, there's nothing more easy & powerful.
I am uploading to my server. So I can see if there are any similarities in the theme coding? I will find the resident theme guru once I have it running.
(2010-11-22, 03:41 AM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]I am uploading to my server. So I can see if there are any similarities in the theme coding? I will find the resident theme guru once I have it running.

The theme coding is 200% easier than that of SMF.
For the moment I wont raise any expectations. I did choose MyBB to start with because of the appearence and portal.

Thanks for the welcome.
(2010-11-22, 03:44 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-22, 03:41 AM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]I am uploading to my server. So I can see if there are any similarities in the theme coding? I will find the resident theme guru once I have it running.

The theme coding is 200% easier than that of SMF.

I won't say that if you are an avid php user. However MyBBs theme system is much more html/css user friendly. And, plugins will work on just about any theme(one thing I hated about SMF was this personally).

And, the theme will be easiest to manage through the ACP it's not handled in files. If you are making a custom one from scratch I would recommend creating an image folder for it in the images folder. If you have any questions ask Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3