MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Its quoting previous posts??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum seems to quote the previous post all the time. Is this the default setting? How do I stop that?

Jon
If you click the Reply button in a post, that's what it's supposed to do, it's replying to that post. If you want to stop it doing that and make it just a blank reply, edit the postbit_quote template and remove &pid={$post['pid']}
Does any other forum software work like this? In most you have to click the Quote button. Also, you replied to my post above but it didn't quote it.
You use quick reply and it won't quote anything unless you tell it to, or you can use the New Reply button and not quote anything.

If it bothers you that much you can change it in the templates as Matt pointed out above.
That's what it is, a quote button. I just typed in the quick reply box... Undecided
even the button's alt/title text shows as "Quote this message in a reply"
Many users on my forums have this problem ... why not change Reply to Quote ?
It used to be called Quote, but when multi-quoting was added, apparently lots of people got confused with having two buttons about quoting, so one was changed to reply. Still confuses people but it'd confuse people either way.
I call it "quote" and "multi-quote". I agree calling it "reply" is confusing.
(2010-12-01, 08:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It used to be called Quote, but when multi-quoting was added, apparently lots of people got confused with having two buttons about quoting, so one was changed to reply. Still confuses people but it'd confuse people either way.

Images for quote and multi-quote are differents and are impossible to confuse.
Please ... change Reply to Quote Angel

[attachment=20645]
Pages: 1 2