MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads and Posts - How2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How/Where is each of these three done?

[Image: novu1.gif]

[Image: novu2.gif]

[Image: novu3.gif]

thanks
So, you're asking how to make a thread/post on your forum...? It doesn't change between here and there.
It's just the way those forums are set up.

Announcements, Plugin Support and Theme and Template Support are just redirects to other areas of the site.

Plugins & Code Modifications and Themes & Templates are actually categories within a category, so they use the forumbit_depth2_cat template instead of forumbit_depth2_forum.
AJS,

Understood. The next ? would be. "Is there a way "guests" only wouldnt see Threads, Posts and Last, columns or see the columns and not the values in them?"
Yeah, just change the forum permissions so guests can't access them.
I forgot to include,

... and still see the forums.
What would be the point in that!?!

You'd need a plugin.
AJS,

I didnt expect a SMF attitude here.

Actually you could ask, What is the point in using MYBB?

Few mods, sparse support. Only thing in surplus is EX SMF users.
(2010-12-01, 05:46 PM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to include,

... and still see the forums.

I am assuming you mean guests can still see the forum on the index page but not see the threads and postings inside?

if so,try this:

ACP>Forum & Posts>Chose forum and click on OPTIONS button>Permissions>Edit Permissions.

(2010-12-01, 05:00 PM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]AJS,

Understood. The next ? would be. "Is there a way "guests" only wouldnt see Threads, Posts and Last, columns or see the columns and not the values in them?"

Try this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-58893.html
Pages: 1 2