MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want to Hire: MyBB Staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having issues with the MyBB javascript not working correctly as you can see here. I am willing to PAY someone to help me fix this problem TONIGHT. I don't want to hear guesses about how google ads is screwing things up. I'm looking for a solution.
You don't really NEED to be staff, but someone with serious experienced in required.
(2010-11-30, 05:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I get some javascript errors from Google Ads, they might be interfering with the MyBB javascript.

Thread-Loading-please-wait:32 Uncaught ReferenceError: GS_googleAddAdSenseService is not defined
Thread-Loading-please-wait:36 Uncaught ReferenceError: GA_googleAddSlot is not defined
Thread-Loading-please-wait:46 Uncaught ReferenceError: GA_googleFetchAds is not defined
Thread-Loading-please-wait:94 Uncaught ReferenceError: GA_googleFillSlot is not defined
A staff answered your question... Why not listen to what he says? Also, glad to see you don't really need to be staff after reading your title.

A staffer made a conjecture. I'm looking to hire someone with a solution.
Did you do what Matt said though?
I've just had a go and it didn't hang, is this solved now?
I do love how people ask for support, reject what is suggested to them, but then don't give any indication for 2 days that the problem is still there, and then take this sort of attitude with the problem. I'm afraid my psychic abilities have been a bit on edge recently, so I wasn't able to tell you still needed help. You realise you could have posted in the thread two days ago if you need this fixed so badly?? Why wait two days and then post a thread like this?? "Fixed the errors, original problem still happens, any more ideas??". That's all you had to do. If you did that two days ago, we might have figured out what's wrong by now, but you didn't.

What I was doing is called eliminating possible causes. It's something we do all the time. It was not a guess, it was a problem I found that could have been interfering. We find/suggest something that could cause it, fix/check that, and if it still happens, move on to the next thing. We rule it out. It may very well not be the ads, but you'd be surprised how many times the cause of a problem is totally arbitrary and not what you'd expect it to be, and if you fixed the Google ads (which are causing javascript errors, I could see them plain as day, whether you believe me or not), and it still didn't work, I'd have looked at what else could have caused it. I wasn't going to just leave the thread alone if you posted that fixing those errors didn't work.

To be honest, from your replies and your attitude here, you seem like a bit of an arrogant person, expecting everything to happen instantly. And you can't complain at the fact that you still have the error two days on, as you didn't bump the thread, you chose to wait two days. We are not wizards who are able to pull an answer out of a hat within minutes every single time. Maybe if you tried answering threads in support sometimes, you'd realise that.

If you still need help with this, post in your support thread. To wait two days without saying you still need help and then getting all shirty about what's been suggested and saying you need it fixed 'TONIGHT' just makes no sense.

Tell you what, why don't you try this. Go to ACP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme > put a name in the box. Change your User CP settings to use this theme, try and quick reply now, does it work?? This will be a theme with all default templates, no added code or javascript at all, just the plain and simple default theme. See if it works then.