MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some questions about mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Lawsuit?? Er, what?? Don't you mean the lawsuit between vB and XenForo...??
I remmember reading in several articles about a lawsuit between mybb and VB
Maybe you can link to them?? I've been here two and a half years and this is the first I've heard of a MyBB and vB lawsuit.
(2010-12-02, 03:54 PM)adminofsmf Wrote: [ -> ]...Can mybb support large communities....

Looking at the bottom of the main forum page I see what looks like a large community, IMHO

Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 549,363 posts in 69,492 threads.
We currently have 33,179 members registered.

The most users online at one time was 1,154 on 11-08-2010 at 12:34 PM
Oh, yeah I heard briefly about that; I believe a developer committed code to the SVN that was from vB, without the permission or knowledge of anybody else, something like that; that's massively different to deciding as a group to copy code or copy vB. I highly doubt the MyBB team at the time were very happy to hear that this had happened, it's not like we'd all choose to do something like that.
(2010-12-02, 03:43 PM)adminofsmf Wrote: [ -> ]Why is Mybb only on version 1.6 when it is only 2 years younger then phpbb, and behind 1 version on smf??????

SMF 1.1.12
MyBB 1.6.X

Obviously version numbers can't be compared, but I'm unsure how this indicates that MyBB is one version behind SMF. Makes more sense to seem ahead.
Yes, in my opinion at least, the current SMF release is 1.1.12, 2.0 is still in beta.

But either way, if two softwares have two totally different versioning systems, the numbers are meaningless to compare.

I mean look at web browsers. Opera has been going for 14 years and is version 11, Chrome has been going 2 years and is on version 9. Don't compare software based on which has the highest version number.
Ok......
I don't know what you're trying to point out here. MyBB is a forum software, not related to anyone else.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5