MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database questions??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am currently wondering if it is possible to remove the Plugins and Database (such as Tools and Maintenance) options from the AdminCP? My friend doesn't have a webhost and I was just going to simply create a subdomain for them and upload the mybb files to that domain and install it but I need to disable the Database and plugins options before I install the board because I don't want to be an Admin on the Site.

I know how to remove the Options via the adminoptions.xml file but there are still loopholes and the files can still be accessed if you know the correct URL. I would appreciate any help on this matter and will be truly grateful.

Thank you.

- Dark CMX
1 - Why do you want to remove them?
2 - You say you don't want to be admin, what does removing these have to do with it?

And, that's impossible to do. It's needed for certain things & comes with the admincp.
1 - I want to disable then, not necessarily remove them, because I do not want this individual or any other individuals to have access to my database. I would only like to host their Forums.

2 - By disabling these Options, none of the Administrators would be able to access them and therefore, I wouldn't have to be an administrator to set Admin Permissions.

And okay, I was only curious to see if you could because I know on some Forum Hosting Sites, they have the MySQL Database options disabled because they don't want you to make backups, etc.

Thank you.

- Dark CMX
1 - If it's their forum why not assign them their own database?
2 - Tools/settings...?
1 - True, I didn't actually think of that. I try to conserve Databases because I don't have Unlimited until I upgrade.

2 - Yeah, it's the tab for Tools & Maintenance and then Plugins as well. If I were to give them their own Database, that'd fix Tools & Maintenance but I'd still have to disable Plugins because they won't have access to the directory to upload anything.
1 - Well it may be best to give one extra for this.

2 - If you give them a subdomain they can have FTP to upload what they need into their folder.
1 - Yeah, probably. If I actually do figure out how to turn those features off, I'll be happy because then I can conserve a database and an FTP account. haha

2 - They won't be able to access any other directory's on my server if I do that, correct?
1 - Turning those features off would mess up the board most likely - if you find a way. If you want to provide hosting I recommend you just sacrifice it. Wink

2 - You specify the directory they can access. They can do whatever they want in there, but the rest are blocked.
1 - haha. I code a lot and tamper with stuff a lot for testing purposes so I might find something. I just have to hope that if I do, it doesn't mess up the board. haha.

2 - Alright, good. lol. I was worried about that. What's the General size of MyBB once it's on the server so I can specify a quota because it's not staying unlimited. lmao.
1 - Good luck - but those are some core features in Mybb. Toungue

2 - Well, it doesn't take up much. I'll leave that up to you, I'd say set it reasonably higher than the download amount - just so it's safe.
Pages: 1 2