MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possibly switching to myBB...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-12-08, 06:39 PM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]dont give the following too much attention as I am probably wrong. As I understand MySql, once table(s) is/are defined it is not editable.

No, you can alter a mysql table after creation. You can add/remove columns, change column definitions, change the charset, etc.

What I was wondering is if all the messages for a forum with multiple boards are stored in a single table or if each board has its own table.
Forum Information is stored inside the forums table.
(2010-12-08, 07:01 PM)Cruise Elroy Wrote: [ -> ]What I was wondering is if all the messages for a forum with multiple boards are stored in a single table or if each board has its own table.

each forum "install" uses its own tables. mybb uses a table prefix for each set of tables used by a forum, so you can have multiple foruns in a single database.

example would be one MyBB install in example.com\forums and one in example.com\support and have them totally independent of each other, even if your host only provided one database

I have an annoying tendency (at least to me) to over analyze my own argument. As I was doing so, I realized all that need be done was that the thread be deleted and any existance of my argument would vanish.

therefore...
(I really love that edit doesnt snitch me out)

[Image: crippled.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3