MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLEASE HELP! Upgraded & Posts Not Showing Up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I finally upgraded to 1.6... was afraid to before. Now I know why! Toungue Upgraded went smoothly. The forum looks great, but it's only the "bones." Though my old post files are in the database, they are not showing up in the upgrade version. In fact, categories and forums aren't showing up. Neither are users. It's like a totally new forum. So, how do I get everything back? HELP PLEASE!
URL?? Sounds like you've gone and run the installer, even though there are plenty of warnings when you run the installer if you've already got a forum installed... the upgrade script doesn't reset it like this, are you sure the posts are still in the database??

You did backup your database before you upgraded, right??
Yes... I did backup the database.

I followed all the instructions that were given, but I did not see an warnings at all. I re-read everything 2-3 times and even wrote down what to do. Maybe I was on the wrong page? However, it does sound like I may have re-installed. Grrrrr! I can delete that file completely as I made a copy of the old just in case... and I can rename the old to the original.

What I did is click on the 1.6 upgrade in my Admin CP. It took me to the mybb site with all the instructions. I swear I saw absolutely no warnings. I was actually kind of surprised that it would be the same instructions for both old and new users. So, I downloaded all the files and moved all the new upload files via ftp. However, I did use the install files as well... which I'm assuming is for "new installations" now. Sad

Please tell me where to go to get the correct instructions, and I will start from scratch. Would this be your recommendation, Matt?
The warnings would be if you went to ./install/index.php and not ./install/upgrade.php, which one did you go to??

If you've already got a forum, and you go to ./install/index.php, first there's a warning that you've already got a forum and it asks you if you're trying to upgrade, and then if you try and install again, there's a popup saying it can't be undone.

Can we have your URL...??
I think that's where the problem lies. Actually, after I uploaded all the files, I went to my site + /install/upgrade.php. I got some index page instead of getting the pull-down menu as the instructions said I would. There were about 5 or 6 files listed in that index. Upgrade.php was the last on the last. I clicked that and got an error code... became frustrated that it was not working appropriately, so I started clicking on all of the files to see what would happen. The only one that seemed to work was another... must have been the index.php. I did make another copy of all the files, so I could just delete this one and rename the other back to the original and start from scratch. But, if you'd like to take a look at the URL, it is http://www.911bodyrescue.com/locker. I appreciate your help. Smile
Would have been far better to have asked us why the upgrade script wasn't working rather than clicking random files. I don't see how you would have been getting a directory listing but managed to run index.php, as if index.php was there, you wouldn't have been seeing the directory listing.

What error code did you get??

Drop the tables that are in the database now, they'll only have the default data in, import your backup, and run the upgrader again.
Yes, I see that now. I should have asked first. It's unfortunate I didn't. Well, I did get a directory listing with I'm assuming the index.php as the only without an error code. I don't remember what the error code was... it was a 2 line error in small print.

I hate to sound so illiterate when it comes to this forum stuff, but it is all new to me. But, I have learned so much and feel like I know how to move around pretty well. But, I have some questions with the directions you gave me.

(1) With regards to the tables, where and how do I drop them?

(2) Though I've been making backups of my database, I have never had to import one in the past. How do I go about doing this?

(3) Do I need to upload the upgrade files again before upgrading?

Thanks, Matt!
Okay... since you didn't answer, I figured out everything on my own. It definitely is a learning process, but for us newbies... it would be nice to get a little direction instead of being made to feel like an idiot as if we should know everything. Sad Anyway, now it won't accept my user name when I'm trying to upgrade. So, what do I do now?
How do I get my user name to work on the upgrade process?
I'm sorry, I've had various other things to do this afternoon... I didn't not reply to make you feel like an idiot and expect to know everything, I didn't reply because I had other things to do.

So you've imported your backup now, yeah?? Sure it's all there?? Does it say the password is actually wrong when you try and use it??
This is the reply that I get is:

Quote:Error
The username you have entered appears to be invalid.

It is a myBB error code as it has it's logo at the top.

I know that this is the correct user name.
Pages: 1 2