MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IcyBoards - A FREE MyBB Forum Hosting Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SITE: http://icyboards.com
FORUM: http://support.icyboards.com

IcyBoards is a free forum host using the powerful software, MyBB. We aim to provide you with a fast and free way to run your very own forum. We have no restrictions* so you never need to worry about having to many members or posts. We offer a few things most other hosts don't, such as the ability use select plugins, and upload your own theme/template files. If you are considering starting a new forum, I highly recommend you check out IcyBoards.

As an added bonus, register now and recieve 30,000 ad removal credits FREE. To claim, you must join the support forums and PM myself (spork985). This offer will not last long, so hurry!
You shouldn't use any of Solstice's themes, he ripped the vBulletin images which he has no right to use. Find a different theme not created by him.
(2010-12-09, 08:55 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't use any of Solstice's themes, he ripped the vBulletin images which he has no right to use. Find a different theme not created by him.

Which theme are you talking about?

Edit: Oh never mind I see which one. How do you know that anyway?
(2010-12-09, 09:09 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]The one on your support forums...
Remove it or you could face legal action by vBulletin for using a theme with their copyrighted images on it.

They are identical to the ones that are here...

[Image: newreply.gif] vs [Image: newreply.gif]
(2010-12-09, 09:14 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Epic. You can't even see vBulletin images...

No, becuase I don't use vBulletin. I looked at their community forums and I don't see any similar images. Why can't you just tell me which ones they are instead of being rude like that? So I suppose you can sit here an call it "Epic" if you wish.
[attachment=20715]
These are from vBulletin 3.x.
(2010-12-09, 09:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]These are from vBulletin 3.x.

Thank you, I will change them now. I didn't realize that, I just assumed when I upload a theme, the person made their own graphics.
It's always best to actually check the images before using the theme on your forum in case they are used elsewhere. Solstice's themes all use vBulletin images.
(2010-12-09, 09:06 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Oh never mind I see which one. How do you know that anyway?

Because I own a vBulletin license.
(2010-12-09, 09:18 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]It's always best to actually check the images before using the theme on your forum in case they are used elsewhere. Solstice's themes all use vBulletin images.
(2010-12-09, 09:06 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Oh never mind I see which one. How do you know that anyway?

Because I own a vBulletin license.

Ok. Where those the only ones or is there more? This theme won't be up long anyway, one of my friends is currently designing a theme for us, just have to start putting together the css when we have time.
(2010-12-09, 09:23 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Where those the only ones or is there more? This theme won't be up long anyway, one of my friends is currently designing a theme for us, just have to start putting together the css when we have time.

Those are the only copyright images in the theme.

The forums are good, so is the front page design. You have a good future, just make more content and find a new theme. Smile
Pages: 1 2