MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Photos taken from your mobile can reveal your address!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Oh boy, how do I deactivate that thing? How do I even know if my phone does that (I hardly think it does)? Toungue
Soak it in a tub of lukewarm water for about 30 minutes, then place it out to dry for an hour or so. Don't apply any soap or anything, you might fry the electronics. Once it's dried out, you'll have to put it in the freezer overnight to snap the geolocation sensor loose. As soon as you wake up, take it out of the freezer and give it a good whack. Should solve your problems as long as you don't take it in for servicing.
(2010-12-10, 03:10 PM)hobbyplace Wrote: [ -> ]People always need to be careful with posting their photos to places like FaceBook. But today is the first time I learned that photos taken from a GPS enabled device, such as a mobile phone, can actually include a geo-tag that can reveal your address.
Quote:When Adam Savage, host of the popular science program “MythBusters,” posted a picture on Twitter of his automobile parked in front of his house, he let his fans know much more than that he drove a Toyota Land Cruiser. Embedded in the image was a geotag, a bit of data providing the longitude and latitude of where the photo was taken. Hence, he revealed exactly where he lived.

Read more here: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/techno....html?_r=1
The website requires an account. Please provide the whole post here Smile

(2010-12-10, 04:28 PM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]this is common knowledge...that's why you use a digital camera instead of a cell phone O.o
No that's not common knowledge. I think most people don't know it at all! Also, do you know anyone that carries a digital camera instead of a mobile phone?

@author
Thanks for the information!Big Grin

(2010-12-12, 07:28 PM)One-Two Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-10, 04:28 PM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]this is common knowledge...that's why you use a digital camera instead of a cell phone O.o
No that's not common knowledge. I think most people don't know it at all! Also, do you know anyone that carries a digital camera instead of a mobile phone?

@author
Thanks for the information!Big Grin

I do. >_>
Let's be honest Mark, you're one of a kind Toungue
(2010-12-12, 11:25 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Let's be honest Mark, you're one of a kind Toungue

I can almost garruentee my first period does it too. :/
Explain Toungue
(2010-12-12, 11:35 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Explain Toungue

Yearbook class Toungue.

My third (Com tech, mostly photography) I'd assume has a craptonne aswell.
Explain the "yearbook class".

When I was in high school we did a yearbook, but it was only a few meetings a month Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4