MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error: PostDataHandler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I uploaded a plugin called "Simple Audio Video Embedder." It activated fine, and it shows up in the mycode area for posting. However, when I post, I get a new window with this message:

Quote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class PostDataHandler in DOMAIN/inc/datahandlers/post.php on line 1649

The plugin seems to have worked for some others, and I would love for this to work since my members and I do post videos. Can anyone give me any advice on the error message please? Smile
Shouldn't be anything to do with this plugin as it doesn't try and redeclare that class. Does the error go when you deactivate the plugin??
You're right, Matt. I opened my forum back up, and everyone is getting that message when they try to post or reply. What can I do from this point?
So that's when the plugin is deactivated, or...?? You must have non-default code running somewhere if it's doing this.
I thought the plugin wasn't working right and causing that error code, but I guess it's just the posting. That was the only post I tried with the video plugin. But, all my members who have tried to post are getting that error when they post or reply. So, I don't think the plugin is what's causing it... believe it's just the posting.

How do I find this "non-default code?" I don't even know what that is. Confused

(2010-12-11, 03:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So that's when the plugin is deactivated, or...?? You must have non-default code running somewhere if it's doing this.

(2010-12-11, 05:11 PM)all2himweo Wrote: [ -> ]How do I find this "non-default code?" I don't even know what that is. Confused

Well, code that isn't core MyBB, a plugin or something.

In ./inc/init.php, after:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

add:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

If it doesn't happen anymore after that, then it's a plugin doing it.
Matt... I added the code, and I still have the problem. Sad Where do I go next?
Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this, does it say any files have been edited??
Yes, these are the files, but I made a note to why some were changed:

You asked me to change this one to make sure the plug-ins weren't causing the issue.
Quote:inc/init.php

The next 4 files, I added a script at the top as I had prior to upgrading. This script is with DLGuard as my forum is a paid membership, and this script keeps people out unless they have registered with DLGuard first. The files include:

Quote:forumdisplay.php
index.php
portal.php
showthread.php

This is the script code that I use and it goes at the top after <?php. I have already tried turning these files back to their originals to see if that was the problem, and it was not... unless by changing them, they could have gotten corrupted somehow.

Quote: $pathToDLG = "../dlg/";
$dlgMemberGroup = "1,2,3,4,5,6";
include ($pathToDLG."members/dlgmembers.php");

The last file is said to be missing because I deleted it from the plugins. After I ran the verification, I looked for the plugin to upload to see if this was causing the problem, but I could not find it in the Plugins that are listed.

Quote:inc/plugins/hello.php

I appreciate your help, Matt. Smile
Oh... another note... I have used the DLGuard script with mybb version 1.4 and had absolutely no problems.
Okay... I found the missing "Hello" plugin and re-uploaded that. I had the original of the other 4 files and reverted them. Then I ran another verification, and I still have the same error code. The only file in the verification is the inc/init.php that has been changed as you directed for plugin error check. So, I don't think any of these files are the cause of the datahandlers problem. BTW, I noticed I get the same error with PMs, changing email, etc. - anything to do with the datahandlers (in which I know nothing about). But, if you tell me what to do, I will try it. Wink
PM me FTP login details, there will be something different about your files somewhere.
Pages: 1 2