MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wanting to start a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I have been thinking of starting my own forum for a while, but I could never think of a niche that I thought would work. I'm thinking a music forum. I love music, and I don't know of many music forums ATM. I'm sure there are plenty already though.

What do you guys think? What kind of forum should I make?

People always say to pick a niche that interests me, but all the niches that interest me already have plenty of forums for. For example web design, music, gaming, etc.

I was also thinking of making a theme site.. But I tried that once and it failed as well, but I might take a different approach.. Still not sure.

So I come to the amazing MyBB community to get me some ideas and suggestions on what kind of forum you would like to see, or ideas and suggestions on a forum you think I should make.

So let's get started..
Go for it. I neither seen any music communities. Smile
Music sounds like a good idea.
I agree music does sound like a good idea.
Their are hundreds of music forums. More spefic ones are lacking. For example, i've never seen a Doom metal forum, or a junk rock. etc.
I've only seen one heavy metal forum. Maybe a hard rock/heavy metal/metalcore etc. forum?
(2010-12-11, 09:51 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]I've only seen one heavy metal forum. Maybe a hard rock/heavy metal/metalcore etc. forum?

Yea but since you seem to be going for more then one genre there, make sure the name is transparent to all heavier music. (Doom metal, new metal all that stoof.)

BTW that sounds interesting, PM me a link before you open it, i'll spam it a little for you :p
Yeah I was just sitting here thinking of a good name for something like that.

I guess I'll have to come up with a theme then, and I will PM you to check it out, or even beta test the theme for me, etc Wink
I'm in the process of developing a music website/forum which will replace my old website SystemFreeze, you can help me manage it if you'd like, just putting it out there Toungue
(2010-12-11, 10:30 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the process of developing a music website/forum which will replace my old website SystemFreeze, you can help me manage it if you'd like, just putting it out there Toungue

Hmm, I might think about it, it all depends on how things turn out with my idea, I don't even really have the slightest idea for the theme lol.
Pages: 1 2 3