MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .com or .net?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Usually I'm not in doubt, but this time I am. The domain is about FPS (First Person Shooter, Gaming) so I like .net, but which one should I take?
If .com is available always take .com in my opinion. people know it more.
Buy the dot com. You can also buy both and redirect the dot net to the dot com. Smile
I'd purchase both and have .com redirect to .net
Well, if you can only afford one I really like .com However, if you like .net go for it - they're both nice domains. If you can afford both, buy both then pick which one you like best, and use that and do a re-direct. Wink
tbh, if i know the name of a site, say "cookies", i'd type cookies into google, and probably choose the first choice.

But if i thought I remebered the domain I would instantly try "cookies.com"
I try to get both the .com and .net domain. My main forum that's growing, the .com version has been parked for some time, and they want $60 for it which I find ridiculous, orange happens. If a forum of mine has potential, I automatically purchase the .com (or vice versa). I try to sound out the domain also and see which one is more suitable, I like .com better but .net is for my forum networks.
$60 is worth it imo
.com
As stated by some others, buy both, redirect other to extension of choice. I personally like .com but if you have both, it doesn't matter a whole lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4