MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML in emails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Deos mybb 1.6 support html in emails? if so, how to enable it ?
If not, Is there a plugin or an edits to enable it?
Thanks
(2010-12-14, 03:15 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Deos mybb 1.6 support html in emails? if so, how to enable it ?
Thanks

You can't use HTML however you can use BBCodes while creating emails. To enable HTML, you need to edit a file in ./admin/modules/user/mass_mail.php
@Yaldaram
Thanks for pointing out to right file, however, I would like to have regular board emails (new replies, nex pm notifications, reset password notifications, activation notifications..) to be in html format
Why? it is cosmetic! also I am runing an arabic board which is RTL, plain text emails are LTR which make email looks ugly
So in this case, could the suggested edits in mass_mail.php be helpful
(2010-12-14, 06:08 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-14, 03:15 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Deos mybb 1.6 support html in emails? if so, how to enable it ?
Thanks

You can't use HTML however you can use BBCodes while creating emails. To enable HTML, you need to edit a file in ./admin/modules/user/mass_mail.php

Hmm you do not have to edit anything. You can use HTML, just use HTML and select the HTML option when creating a Mass Email thing.
@Pirata Nervo
Thanks
Yes, I entered ACP and found option to send html formatted mass email
But what about borad's regular emails like: new replies, new pm notifications, reset password notifications, activation notifications...etc?
Please! How can I make mybb send regular email in html format ?
I wand all email notifacations to be html formatted
Deos the edits provided by CraKteR [here] will do it ?
Go to create a Mass mail and then select "HTML Only" in Message Format dropdown box.
Once again thank you very much for help, but I am not talking about mass email, I ma talking about regular board emails like notifications
For example, for the following messages, how can I add html formating:

$l['email_forumsubscription'] = "{1},

{2} has just started a new thread in {3}. This is a forum you have subscribed to at {4}.

The thread is titled {5}

Here is an excerpt of the message:
--
{6}
--

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
{7}/{8}

There may also be other new threads and replies but you will not receive anymore notifications until you visit the board again.

Thank you,
{4} Staff

------------------------------------------
Unsubscription Information:

If you would not like to receive any more notifications of new threads in this forum, visit the following URL in your browser:
{7}/usercp2.php?action=removesubscription&type=forum&fid={9}&my_post_key={10}

------------------------------------------";

$l['email_activateaccount'] = "{1},

To complete the registration process on {2}, you will need to go to the URL below in your web browser.

{3}/member.php?action=activate&uid={4}&code={5}

If the above link does not work correctly, go to

{3}/member.php?action=activate

You will need to enter the following:
Username: {1}
Activation Code: {5}

Thank you,
{2} Staff";

$l['email_subscription'] = "{1},

{2} has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at {3}. This thread is titled {4}.

Here is an excerpt of the message:
{5}

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
Any idea please?
How to enable HTML in the dialy board emails? so new replies notifications, acccount activations.. emails are html formatted?
NB: I am not talking about mass email
Then change that to format it in HTML. If you're not good with HTML, Google it, there's many good guides and tips that will show you how.
Pages: 1 2