MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pixovee :: The Best Community Around!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: logo_xmas.png]

http://pixovee.info/

Pixovee is a great, active Community that loves to have a good time! We offer Support, Tutorials, General Discussions, and a lot more! We also run contests from time to time so be sure to check those out. We have great members who will go out of their way to please people.

You can now even promote your OWN forum!

Please check us out, register, and post a little!
I am going to be harsh here:

Basically I don't see anything unique here. It seems like you spend a lot of time setting it up, looks very nice and organised but when I look better at it I only find blehs and mehs:
  • Nothing unique: content, resource, and design wise.
  • Forums all scattered over the place ranging from programming to sports.
  • From looking at your forum you got like 3 forums all dedicated to programming and coding.
  • You got three admins and 1 moderator, 300 posts.
  • The shoutbox

I would maybe just have a forum for tutorials and not a category. Also you got an entire category dedicated to forum games and some categories only have one forum. I would also get rid of the shoutbox for now as it does not help when it comes to stimulating your users to post.

Honestly I see no future in this and if I were you I would really think hard what the or your goal is for this forum. Did you make the forum because it is a good idea and it's not executed yet or did you make the forum because you wanted to make a forum? For me it just looks like a badly executed funzies general discussion board.

Anyway I might be completely wrong and your forum might end up being very successful so I wish the best.
(2010-12-15, 04:24 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to be harsh here:

Basically I don't see anything unique here. It seems like you spend a lot of time setting it up, looks very nice and organised but when I look better at it I only find blehs and mehs:
  • From looking at your forum you got like 3 forums all dedicated to programming and coding.
  • The shoutbox

I would maybe just have a forum for tutorials and not a category. Also you got an entire category dedicated to forum games and some categories only have one forum. I would also get rid of the shoutbox for now as it does not help when it comes to stimulating your users to post.

Honestly I see no future in this and if I were you I would really think hard what the or your goal is for this forum. Did you make the forum because it is a good idea and it's not executed yet or did you make the forum because you wanted to make a forum? For me it just looks like a badly executed funzies general discussion board.

Anyway I might be completely wrong and your forum might end up being very successful so I wish the best.

:/ Alright well thanks for the critisizm.. now I just might go and shutdown the forum. Is there anything you DID like about Pixovee?
(2010-12-15, 04:42 AM)DannysForum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-15, 04:24 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to be harsh here:

• The shoutbox

:/ Alright well thanks for the critisizm.. now I just might go and shutdown the forum. Is there anything you DID like about Pixovee?
First off don't ever turn off your forum over a comment... Shows how weak you are. Second off he trying to help you improve... If you going to let the truth hurt you, you will fail in devoloping a forum...
(2010-12-15, 04:48 AM)Angel Caquias. Wrote: [ -> ]First off don't ever turn off your forum over a comment... Shows how weak you are. Second off he trying to help you improve... If you going to let the truth hurt you, you will fail in devoloping a forum...

I know, shutting down the forum was a joke. If you look, I am already implimenting some of the things he said were bad so I am improving.
(2010-12-15, 05:06 AM)DannysForum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-15, 04:48 AM)Angel Caquias. Wrote: [ -> ]First off don't ever turn off your forum over a comment... Shows how weak you are. Second off he trying to help you improve... If you going to let the truth hurt you, you will fail in devoloping a forum...

I know, shutting down the forum was a joke. If you look, I am already implimenting some of the things he said were bad so I am improving.

My bad man, sorry.
All i can say is that the forum got potential as it has not been set-up in a lazy way.

Goodluck Smile
Good luck with the community! Smile
It's good that you are working on some things I suggested shows that your dedicated to it. I would still add a tutorial forum under talk about or something? You don't have to remove it just play with the layout.

Just keep posting content and try to offer something unique over the time. Good luck.
Theme is so overused and I personally don't like it at all.
Pages: 1 2