MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML School's Website/Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you want to learn, why not start off with a simple HTML editor like frontpage, instead o making a site. Use local host to preview it. Then make a website
(2010-12-18, 01:24 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to learn, why not start off with a simple HTML editor like frontpage, instead o making a site. Use local host to preview it. Then make a website

For HTML he doesn't even need apache or anything so it's even easier.

Honestly though if you're looking to learn html I wouldn't start a site about html (just a waste of time if you ask me Toungue). The best way to learn is by learning what you need to do to meet your needs for a project. It's hard to make a site work about teaching people when you don't know it well your self. There are many established sites out there that would be glad to help you out.

So my advice is maybe start a blog or something and just use that as your playground. That way it may be useful/enjoyable to some and give you a place to mess around with.
If you don't want criticism then don't post in the showcase forum. It's really as simple as that.
(2010-12-18, 01:31 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-18, 01:24 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to learn, why not start off with a simple HTML editor like frontpage, instead o making a site. Use local host to preview it. Then make a website

For HTML he doesn't even need apache or anything so it's even easier.

Honestly though if you're looking to learn html I wouldn't start a site about html (just a waste of time if you ask me Toungue). The best way to learn is by learning what you need to do to meet your needs for a project. It's hard to make a site work about teaching people when you don't know it well your self. There are many established sites out there that would be glad to help you out.

So my advice is maybe start a blog or something and just use that as your playground. That way it may be useful/enjoyable to some and give you a place to mess around with.

Thanks for the ideas, i will see about them
You can even try it out with a WYSIWYG editor like Kompozer.
I dont think that someone would trust to learn html from a site that looks like it was made in 1998
Pages: 1 2 3