MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hanging at quick reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have a problem where when posting using quick reply the spinner.gif stays on page until I hit reload. I have just upgraded to 1.6.1. This WAS happening on 1.6.0 though, but I thought to upgrade first and see if that fixed it.

I have a clean set of MYBB templates which I use for testing if errors are theme/template related and it happens on those as well as my other themes (which do have JQuery in them)

I have a lot of forums using XThreads, but the issue is happening on a nonXThreads forum - see link to example thread below

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1261.html

I allow guest posting, when posting as a guest the spinner disappears once captcha has been completed, but the post text remains in the quick reply textbox until I hit reload.

test account:
username: testuser
password: testuser
I suspect a slow server/host
may be javascript conflict?
Revert showthread_quick reply template back to original.
nope, I was doing more testing - and it seems to do it on pages I have visited recently. This is all very odd. I just went to an Xthreads thread and it posted the quick reply FINE. I tried a second quick reply on that thread - and it was hanging.... SCRATCH THAT....WTH?

For yaldaram:

It already IS yaldaram - I said in my first post I have a clean set of templates and its happening on those.

Of course, I can edit the template and take out the reference to the id="quick_reply_form" - that way I wont have an Ajax quick reply and it will just bring up the redirect. But I like the quick reply.
Then I blame your browser. Because if all templates are default, there is nothing would be wrong during ajax quick replies.
what plugins/modifications do you have installed?
None on the default EXCEPT XThreads and MyNetwork. But its intermittent.So I DONT think its a plugin.

Yaldaram: its happening on firefox 3.6, IE 6,7 and 8, Opera 11 and chrome........what browser do you suggest - Safari? Get all users to use Safari? .......
(2010-12-18, 10:14 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldaram: its happening on firefox 3.6, IE 6,7 and 8, Opera 11 and chrome........what browser do you suggest - Safari? Get all users to use Safari? .......

Nah, Safari is worst IMO.

I just posted "testing... please delete after posting...", it posted fine, but nothing showed up after posting.. when I refresh the page, then it shows,.. means there is something with the theme.. Can you try to change the current "Snowy Snow" theme to default, Leefish ?
Ok, a couple of guys posted (thanks guys) and I was deleting TWO posts - and look at the attachment.....it says I have selected 3.

Sure thing - But I have the default theme enabled for guests - in the footer.....

And NOW - I try and post another reply - in that thread - it hangs - and look at the delete posts....
Pages: 1 2