MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Organising Mods/Plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I recently deleted all my mods by accident. I have registrations on alot of mods/plugin sites and have hell loads of mods to redownload... but i need a way to organise them.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can organise my mods? When i had alot of mods/plugins it was so unorganised and confising.

Thanks for any constructive ideas x]

-Groovy
in the plugin file, the author puts an "order" for the plugin setting group. This determines their order. Many plugin authors put 1 so all of the ones get sorted alphabetically I think.

If you want to rearrabge them, you would have to edit the plugin files Smile
I do not mean on the forum, which is what I think you are relating to, (sorry for not making it clear in my first post), I mean where I store all the plugin files on my hard drive Toungue
ohhh Toungue

Store them in folders XD
(2010-12-18, 10:40 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]ohhh Toungue

Store them in folders XD

Plain folders is too unorganised. I am talking hundreds of mods. I cannot include info like where the mod came from (Ie link to mods database page) in the folder name.
(2010-12-18, 11:23 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-18, 10:40 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]ohhh Toungue

Store them in folders XD

Plain folders is too unorganised. I am talking hundreds of mods. I cannot include info like where the mod came from (Ie link to mods database page) in the folder name.

Make a folder then make a new .txt file with all the info in it?
File system program?
Just before you said that, I am thinking of making an excel speadsheet, with this format:

Plugin ID | Plugin Name | Plugin Description | Plugin Frontend Location | Plugin Backend Location | Plugin Activity | Plugin Version | Forum Version | Plugin Link | Plugin Status | Category

Example:

100 | Advert Manager | Manages Adverts | Header and Postbit | Templates and Style > AdMan | Actively Updated | 1.0 | For 1.6 | http://plugins.net/admanager.php | Active on Sites 1 and 3, Deactivated on Sites 2 and 4 | Forum Display

Then, In the excel file, There will be another sheet, With a list of all sites, The ID's of plugins on them, Usernames of moderators, and a few statistics information, Such as domain renewal date.

Who thinks that is a good idea?
Yes it would work great, just remember to hyperlink them to their directories!
It it works for you that's all that matters Toungue. Most people don't have this issue to my knowledge.
Pages: 1 2