MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Manual Upgrade to 1.6.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys,

I know that in order to fully upgrade to 1.6.1 but is there ANY way at all that this can be done manually?

I would love to see exactly what has changed and do it myself because I really am trying to understand everything about the code that comprises the software. I like to take advantage of open source software in this way as it is a great educational opportunity.

I also don't want minor changes I made to be overwritten from the automatic upgrade.

(I already made the modifications for security manually)
¿Somebody can share the template's fix? I'm using a custom template on my forum, i've upgraded to 1.6.1 but i think that templates needs to be upgraded too.

Thanks 4 read.
Hmm. You may have posted in the wrong thread.
(2010-12-19, 04:17 AM)reng0 Wrote: [ -> ]¿Somebody can share the template's fix? I'm using a custom template on my forum, i've upgraded to 1.6.1 but i think that templates needs to be upgraded too.

Thanks 4 read.
+1
(2010-12-19, 04:58 AM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-19, 04:17 AM)reng0 Wrote: [ -> ]¿Somebody can share the template's fix? I'm using a custom template on my forum, i've upgraded to 1.6.1 but i think that templates needs to be upgraded too.

Thanks 4 read.
+1

Can one of you please explain what you're talking about? I'm confused.
And do either of you know if there is a way to manually upgrade your MyBB software fully? I want to update all the bug fixes myself, as well as the new features.

Without using the auto upgrader
¿Why you can't use auto-upgrader? Security fixes can be edited manually, follow this link. The rest of files needs to be uploaded and loaded from upgrade.php.

(2010-12-19, 05:10 AM)svcghost Wrote: [ -> ]Can one of you please explain what you're talking about? I'm confused.

Quote:Template changes

Since MyBB 1.6.0 the following templates have had changes to them:
portal_latestthreads_thread
showthread_poll_option_multiple
usercp_nav_misc
(http://blog.mybb.com/2010/12/15/mybb-1-6...14-update/)
http://mybboard.net/download/129

Follow those instructions to do a manual update. Open the text file in Notepad++ or something that isn't notepad. Toungue

I believe you could just upload the ./install folder and run the upgrade script to update the templates, although I think uploading all the changed files is a better choice than doing the 4 files manually, as many files have been changed because of bugs since the initial 1.6 release, and the manual patch file only tells you how to fix the files that had security issues.
(2010-12-19, 05:56 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]http://mybboard.net/download/129

Follow those instructions to do a manual update. Open the text file in Notepad++ or something that isn't notepad. Toungue

These are just security patches. I'm talking about all the bug fixes of 1.6.0 to 1.6.1.
So I guess there's no way around auto-upgrader?
Yes, there's a way. Compare updated files with your old ones and change it manually with Notepad++ Undecided
Looks like that's what's going to have to happen. It would be helpful to know what I'm looking for though, you know? Such as what bugs were in which files. Looks like they only tell us where exactly the really important security patches are. Other stuff is not specifically stated.
Pages: 1 2 3