MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think the plugin section/download are needs to be changed I am not sure how but it seems every decent plugin links to a separate support site and in the downloads area if they even have that plugin at all its an outdated version... I really dont understand why many users want to support there plugins offsite.

Maybe if there was a way to donate to the plugin writers through the plugin directory or if mybb somehow didnt allow them to host offsite...
(2010-12-19, 09:00 PM)handeyman Wrote: [ -> ]I think the plugin section/download are needs to be changed I am not sure how but it seems every decent plugin links to a separate support site and in the downloads area if they even have that plugin at all its an outdated version... I really dont understand why many users want to support there plugins offsite.

Maybe if there was a way to donate to the plugin writers through the plugin directory or if mybb somehow didnt allow them to host offsite...

I agree with you in a way. I believe that authors should be required to provide support on this site. If you have many plugins installed and need support with some, it can be hard to know which site you need to go to in order to gain the support from the author, and is very time-consuming.
Click the plugin name in the plugin section in acp will bring you directly to the plugin authors website.
(2010-12-20, 12:56 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Click the plugin name in the plugin section in acp will bring you directly to the plugin authors website.

He's also talking about how long it takes too... Registering on many different websites just to gain one bit of support for 5 plugins would be quite annoying, wouldn't you agree?
(2010-12-20, 12:59 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 12:56 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Click the plugin name in the plugin section in acp will bring you directly to the plugin authors website.

He's also talking about how long it takes too... Registering on many different websites just to gain one bit of support for 5 plugins would be quite annoying, wouldn't you agree?

5 different plugins from 5 different plugin authors, each of whom has multiple plugins to support. its much easier for the plugin author to support THEIR plugins they are writing in a single location than to track the multitude of support threads here.
(2010-12-20, 02:22 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]5 different plugins from 5 different plugin authors, each of whom has multiple plugins to support. its much easier for the plugin author to support THEIR plugins they are writing in a single location than to track the multitude of support threads here.

Indeed. Private support sites allow the authors to not only organize their requests but also manage them how they choose. I'd much rather be able to install MySupport on my own site, for example, than sift through responses in my release thread here.
It's up to the plugin authors. Nothing says they have to support them at all after release. If you really need help with something that you get for free it shouldn't be to much to ask to register on a new forum just for support.
(2010-12-20, 04:51 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]It's up to the plugin authors. Nothing says they have to support them at all after release. If you really need help with something that you get for free it shouldn't be to much to ask to register on a new forum just for support.

You must be able to support the plugin, I'm sure that was said somewhere... Toungue
Quote:Submission Guidelines
Please be aware that the following guidelines apply to all submissions. Any submissions which does not meet the relevant criteria will be rejected.

Submissions should be made in English and must contain at least an English language pack (where applicable)
The ‘detailed information’ field must contain information about the submission which makes it clear what the submission is or what it does
Preview images can be uploaded with the submission and are strongly encouraged
Links to external websites in the information are discouraged
Submissions should be compressed in zip format and must not be encrypted or password protected.
Translations should include only translated language files and images as necessary and should not modify any original source code

Where?
Quote:2) The author must be able to provide active support for the plugins or modifications, and keep them up-to-date with MyBB releases.

Found here - http://community.mybb.com/thread-43555.html
Pages: 1 2 3