MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Top Bar that functions like a PM note!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tried the Top Bars plug-in, but it's limited.

I'd like to have a top bar that appears just like a pm notice with the ability to click "x" on the right side of it, marking it read and making it disappear. That way if there's a special board announcement and a user read it he can hide it once it's read.

Having it appear all the time is annoying and requires the admin to turn off the top bar after some time, instead of just leaving it there forever and have the users marking it read.

I don't think it needs to be built from the ground up, basically if someone can just modify the current top bars plugin it would be great. I tried contacting the guy who made it, but he's wont respond.

Here's the link to the current top bars plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/top-bar

Thanks in advance.
I'll create you a mod shortly Wink
Released: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=72 Smile
(2010-12-22, 06:58 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I'll create you a mod shortly Wink
Released: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=72 Smile

You are awesome then! Thank you!

EDIT: while you did a great job, it still doesn't have an "x" button to mark it read and hide it like a pm message. This is basically an awesome version of the plugin Top Bars, but it's still not useful since the user will see the bar at all times and has not way of hiding it. Any chance you can make it happen?

EDIT 2: Also, it would be awesome if we could customize the whole thing, like add shadows, remove the border etc, like in top bars perhaps with a separate css file.

EDIT 3: Should be a <br /> between the whole thing and forums. It's too close to the title.

EDIT 4: Another problem is if the admin wants to post multiple bars he can't.
Im creating all that. Ive currently got a site notice plugin that allows you to add multiple notices , multiple colours.

Current site notice: http://www.mybbextras.com/showthread.php?tid=598

Im adding a feature to the plugin above to have a close notice option , example in image below.

Although it will be a subscriber plugin.

That's exactly the plugin I was looking for. Shame you charge for it. I guess I'll wait for someone else to come up with something similar free of charge.
No prob Wink
Quote:EDIT: while you did a great job, it still doesn't have an "x" button to mark it read and hide it like a pm message. This is basically an awesome version of the plugin Top Bars, but it's still not useful since the user will see the bar at all times and has not way of hiding it. Any chance you can make it happen?

I'll add this in the next release.

Quote:EDIT 2: Also, it would be awesome if we could customize the whole thing, like add shadows, remove the border etc, like in top bars perhaps with a separate css file.

Sure, Ill add some more options too.

Quote:EDIT 3: Should be a <br /> between the whole thing and forums. It's too close to the title.

I'll use template system in the next release.

Quote:EDIT 4: Another problem is if the admin wants to post multiple bars he can't.

That's difficult, but possible. Smile

And don't worry, I'll not charge you anything Smile

Happy holidays. Heart
(2010-12-23, 06:10 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:EDIT: while you did a great job, it still doesn't have an "x" button to mark it read and hide it like a pm message. This is basically an awesome version of the plugin Top Bars, but it's still not useful since the user will see the bar at all times and has not way of hiding it. Any chance you can make it happen?

I'll add this in the next release.

Quote:EDIT 2: Also, it would be awesome if we could customize the whole thing, like add shadows, remove the border etc, like in top bars perhaps with a separate css file.

Sure, Ill add some more options too.

Quote:EDIT 3: Should be a <br /> between the whole thing and forums. It's too close to the title.

I'll use template system in the next release.

Quote:EDIT 4: Another problem is if the admin wants to post multiple bars he can't.

That's difficult, but possible. Smile

And don't worry, I'll not charge you anything Smile

Happy holidays. Heart

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!
But currently I've to finish some of the other requested plugins. So stay tune Smile
Quote:Another problem is if the admin wants to post multiple bars he can't.

That should be the easiest part, my site notice plugin currently has this feature.

The hardest part about this request is adding the close button for each notice. A normal click and close is gonna be pointless , you dont what the notice popping up after each page refresh. Ive implemented cookies in the version im creating , its still in development though.
Pages: 1 2 3