MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: jSnippets 1.0 (jQuery & JS Manager)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
thanks, usefull plugin for some menus and user interface Smile
The Smooth Jump to Top has been fixed for use now. Slight mishap, wasn't working with Prototype but now it does. You can download it in the Browse section of your plugin.
can i know the jscript code that regulates the smooth collapse/expand of forum body?
Im not quite sure I understand what you are asking.
without using the jsnippets, how can we use the smooth expand/collapse forums feature?
(2011-01-05, 03:02 AM)TheGodFather Wrote: [ -> ]without using the jsnippets, how can we use the smooth expand/collapse forums feature?

I think it's way easier to use a plugin that already does exactly what you want than trying to figure it out. I mean, not any normal plugin author will sit and tell you in detail how his plugin works, step by step, just so you can stop using his plugin Toungue Especially since you've been making some plugins that jSnippets could accomplish alone.
I agree Combus, I was going to say something similar :\

Our goal is to have everyone using this plugin (well, not everyone naturally, but plenty). It should be a standard. All this does is manage your javascript, so it is an extremely useful tool.
yep, i also agree with you guys. Well, i installed it on my localhost fresh mybb copy and it went fine. So i just installed it on live board which is heavily modded and it went wrong disabling the functionalities of many jscript dependent options ex: highslide image resize and i dont blame jsnippets.
Because of having more jscripts installed, they just collided, i think.
So i removed it. But i dont want to miss that smooth expand/collapse forums option. And i dont want to know the working of plugin Smile We all know that to get a snow effect or multicolored text when hovering, we can achieve them just by copying the jscript file and calling in the headerinclude template.

So, i'm expecting something that can be added manually to achieve that smooth expand/collapse.
I had seen the jscript code for that in the jsnippets, but no clue on how it works on the expand/collapse option.
I know it might be a lot to ask, but will probably help you a lot to manage your javascript in a near future. It seems like you currently have a lot of javascript files loaded on your theme, so I would recommend moving this JS files to jSnippets as snippets. That way you don't have to edit the headerinclude every time on every theme, you can just manage your JS file links (or whole code) from jSnippets, and even decide what scripts are applied to each theme.
I have got a couple of problems with this. After testing a few scripts and turning them off it broke. I tested out the snow plug-in to see if it worked and it did. But when I made it inactive it was still turned on. The only way to stop it was to remove it. Anyway after that the MyBB editor went missing and I couldn't collapse any part of the forum. It basically broke on me.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing but it just doesn't want to work.
It is something to do with jQuery 1.4.4 because if I use 1.3.0 it works, well the MyBB editor doesn't disappear, but then none of the scripts work anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4