MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.4.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I am in the process of upgrading to 1.6.

I uploaded everything to the root folder.

When I go to this:

www.asianadventures.org/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php

I get file not found!

Also, I think my host does not allow me to CHMOD files to 666 or 777.

Please advise.

Thanks
upgrade.php <<< Doesnt exist, upload it.

Make sure its in : /forumfolder/install/upgrade.php
You don't actually put 'forumfolder' into the URL, that's supposed to be replaced by the directory your forum is in, if it's even in one.

It's here: http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/ins...pgrade.php

(2010-12-26, 07:58 PM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I think my host does not allow me to CHMOD files to 666 or 777.

Your forum wouldn't have been working up until now if they didn't allow it, but if they don't allow it, find a new host, it's a stupid thing to disallow.
(2010-12-26, 08:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum wouldn't have been working up until now if they didn't allow it, but if they don't allow it, find a new host, it's a stupid thing to disallow.

I did contact them and they said that it will make my forum open to hacking. They also said if you guys have any questions for them contact them.
(2010-12-26, 08:00 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]upgrade.php <<< Doesnt exist, upload it.

Make sure its in : /forumfolder/install/upgrade.php

Is this file in the 'documentation' folder? There is an upgrade file there but it is an html file, not a php file.
(2010-12-26, 08:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You don't actually put 'forumfolder' into the URL, that's supposed to be replaced by the directory your forum is in, if it's even in one.

It's here: http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/ins...pgrade.php

It's locked. As the URL states. How do I unlock it?
Update:

It seems I made some progress but am getting this error message:

http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/ins...pgrade.php - on the last step - Data Cache Building
(2010-12-26, 09:33 PM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]I did contact them and they said that it will make my forum open to hacking. They also said if you guys have any questions for them contact them
[/quote]

What?? No, having something CHMOD to 666 or 777 does not automatically make your site any less secure. If someone happened to get access to your files it might make it easier to write something to the file/folder that's CHMOD to 666/777, but it definitely doesn't mean that you can be hacked just because it's set to 666/777.

(2010-12-26, 09:33 PM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]It seems I made some progress but am getting this error message:

http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/ins...pgrade.php - on the last step - Data Cache Building

We can't actually see what the error is, can you post it here...??
Also, instead of going to the 1.6 it is trying to upgrade to 1.413 which I already have. Now I am confused.

Please advise on this.

Thanks
(2010-12-26, 10:47 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We can't actually see what the error is, can you post it here...??

MyBB Installation Wizard
Upgrade Process
Data Cache Building

Fatal error: Call to undefined method datacache::update_groupleaders() in /home/norbyd/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 597

Also, it is installing 1.413 which I already have not 1.6. Now I am confusedHuh. Please advise - Thanks
It looks like you've not uploaded the new files properly. If it's still saying 1.4.13, and that method is not defined, you've not got the new files.
(2010-12-26, 10:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like you've not uploaded the new files properly. If it's still saying 1.4.13, and that method is not defined, you've not got the new files.

This is very strange. Are the folders Labeled - mybb_1600 ?? or something else?
They're not 'labelled' anything... you just need to upload the contents of the Upload folder in the 1.6 package so the files overwrite the current versions of the files.
(2010-12-26, 11:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]They're not 'labelled' anything... you just need to upload the contents of the Upload folder in the 1.6 package so the files overwrite the current versions of the files.

What I mean is when I download the package, is the folder labeled as: Mybb_1600? I want to confirm this first.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2