MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good ways to advertise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, I've started a new blog and its getting some traffic, but I really want to advertise it a bit more. What are the best ways? I have:
-Updating to twitter
-Ping after every post
-Digg - Im not big enough yet i know Toungue

What else?
Youtube: It has thousands of audience around.
Your content is too unfocused. Most people who want to read a review of Forza don't give a orange about your new power adapter. Advertising is useless without worthwhile, interesting content.
I've found that forum signatures get the best results. Become active on forums with similar content to your blog and you'll attract quality visitors.
(2010-12-29, 12:47 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Your content is too unfocused. Most people who want to read a review of Forza don't give a orange about your new power adapter. Advertising is useless without worthwhile, interesting content.

Thats the idea with it being a gaming and tech review site Toungue
How about splitting them up? One site, 2 sides? Like maybe have a home page with half dedicated to tech and half dedicated to gaming and then when the user picks one side they'll either get all game reviews or all tech reviews?
(2010-12-29, 01:26 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-29, 12:47 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Your content is too unfocused. Most people who want to read a review of Forza don't give a orange about your new power adapter. Advertising is useless without worthwhile, interesting content.

Thats the idea with it being a gaming and tech review site Toungue

Yeah, I get that that's the idea, but is that a good idea? Why would I visit your site over Engadget, ArsTechnica, Gizmodo, Kotaku, Joystiq, etc.?
Why would you visit Engadget over Gizmodo or vice versa? They were all new and small to begin with. Toungue

(2010-12-29, 01:32 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]How about splitting them up? One site, 2 sides? Like maybe have a home page with half dedicated to tech and half dedicated to gaming and then when the user picks one side they'll either get all game reviews or all tech reviews?
I thought about that, but I really like wordpress and I dont know how to do that Big Grin without having two blogs (which could be a solution i suppose Smile)

EDIT: How about now? On the home page that is Smile
(2010-12-29, 01:53 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you visit Engadget over Gizmodo or vice versa? They were all new and small to begin with. Toungue

This is a really lazy answer and tells me that you don't actually know the answer to the question.
SO how would you answer it then? Its not lazy, its perfectly valid.

When mybb was first thought up did they say "oh damn, there are already BB softwares, i guess we'll give up"?
Pages: 1 2 3