MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registering Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys my all members are getting error while registering when they had submitted all imfos they get an error saying

Sorry, you cannot register with a proxy. If you feel this is in error please use the contact link.

So if there is any solution to this problem then please tell me

thnxxx
Disable the plugin called No Proxy Please.
I'll suggest you to open plugin file and edit like edits proposed on here: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=36&pid=80#pid80
thnx it worked
Please hit the solve button too Wink
(2010-12-29, 06:04 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I'll suggest you to open plugin file and edit like edits proposed on here: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=36&pid=80#pid80

I'm curious Yaldaram, you're asking users to remove that line but after removing that what else does the plugin do since thats the main line thats supposed to check for proxies. The only part left in that line is the fsockopen part which I have already tried to refute in your release thread.
In essence, removing the above just makes it a plugin that does nothing. Why not ask users to deactivate since basically thats whats happening and it will save users the overhead of an extra plugin.
I thought this because many users at my forum reported that after removing the line their users are using / registering their site normally, except some "proxied" users. This is actualy because of the @fsockopen function, which is refusing the connection of any detected proxy.

I think I've to revive this plugin again to work under all circumstances. Undecided

Thanks for your suggestion too.
(2010-12-30, 07:17 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this because many users at my forum reported that after removing the line their users are using / registering their site normally, except some "proxied" users. This is actualy because of the @fsockopen function, which is refusing the connection of any detected proxy.

I think I've to revive this plugin again to work under all circumstances. Undecided

Thats my point, removing that line is essentially disabling the plugin from doing anything, so why not just ask them to deactivate rather than give them a false assurance that they have proxy detector when in essence its just an empty plugin doing nothing without that line. Undecided
(2010-12-30, 08:12 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-30, 07:17 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this because many users at my forum reported that after removing the line their users are using / registering their site normally, except some "proxied" users. This is actualy because of the @fsockopen function, which is refusing the connection of any detected proxy.

Thats my point, removing that line is essentially disabling the plugin from doing anything, so why not just ask them to deactivate rather than give them a false assurance that they have proxy detector when in essence its just an empty plugin doing nothing without that line. Undecided
Well it still has some functionality.
(2010-12-30, 08:40 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-30, 08:12 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

Well it still has some functionality.

And what is that?
Pages: 1 2