MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: argg..my forum messed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-12-30, 03:30 PM)TheGodFather Wrote: [ -> ]if you have made a backup yesterday or before doing the edits, install a local host mybb copy and restore. you will have all the previous edits.

i dont have backup but perhaps my webhost do have..
i requested then to restore..let see what they say.
first rectify your global.php error before looking for backups. Wink
Not sure why all this is being suggested... the CSS files go to a 403 error when you access them directly, a CHMOD is wrong somewhere. Make sure ./cache/, ./cache/themes/ and the folders inside here are CHMOD to 777.
What I had to do was download my theme (you should have an XML file on your comp) make sure you checked to get the edits too.

Delete that theme, and reupload it. It should work. (from admin CP)
(2010-12-30, 11:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why all this is being suggested... the CSS files go to a 403 error when you access them directly, a CHMOD is wrong somewhere. Make sure ./cache/, ./cache/themes/ and the folders inside here are CHMOD to 777.

Above needs repeating, Matt has the answer

This is what I got a few minutes ago which shows the global.css is not readable:

Quote:Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cache/themes/theme12/global.css on this server.
That's mean you have to CHMOD ./cache/themes/
well everything above suggested was done but no result.
then my host restored backup, but perhaps they didnt had the latest backup so my now one month back Sad

i use to make daily backup but for some damn reason i didnt make backups since last 10 days... Sad
Did you read my post?? It's ridiculous that you've lost a whole month's worth of data because the CSS files were returning a 403 error, that's like buying a new car because you get a flat tyre, this would have been a simple misconfiguration or something. If you had just posted that changing the CHMODs didn't work, I would have had a look and found out what it was. Believe me, reverting to a backup was totally unnecessary, especially one this old.
People who told you to disable plugins or revert to a month old backup are complete idiots. I have no idea why you were told to revert to such a backup or even revert to one. As Matt said, you just needed to fix a folder's permissions.
(2010-12-31, 12:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you read my post?? It's ridiculous that you've lost a whole month's worth of data because the CSS files were returning a 403 error, that's like buying a new car because you get a flat tyre, this would have been a simple misconfiguration or something. If you had just posted that changing the CHMODs didn't work, I would have had a look and found out what it was. Believe me, reverting to a backup was totally unnecessary, especially one this old.
yes Sir, I read your post and correct the permissions,,but it didnt correct the problem...I followed all suggestions which came in this thread one by one, but nothing solved the problem.
Sad
good news is, i found a 10days old backup and restored it, and now im just 10 days old forum..so almost ok with it.

Thanks all of you for your warm support and replies. I really really appreciate it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4