MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Categories on the Index Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey you guys I was wondering if there is way like setting on mybb or a plugin where i can hide categories that I like from the index page, but with the approriate link people can still view and post in that category
Yes, You can do that. You just need to do some editing in CSS.

# cat_(categories ID like 1/2/96 whichever you want to hide)
{
display:none;
}

and I gues You are done.
This can easily be done with a plugin. Drop me a plugin if you want for a paid job.
Hmmm.. I think When 1 can do this by just adding 3-4 lines in their CSS. So, Whats need of Plugin.

But than Making this Plugin will ofcourse do some job for new person who dont have enough Idea about MYBB. (Was Just thinking does this require to be a Paid Plugin. Well It is just my thinking as after making plugin this solely depends on creator How to distribute it.)

Any ways Good luck Yaldaram.
(2011-01-02, 06:34 AM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, You can do that. You just need to do some editing in CSS.

# cat_(categories ID like 1/2/96 whichever you want to hide)
{
display:none;
}

and I gues You are done.

Well I was thinking about but if if edit the global css and add that code how will one be able to see it even with a proper link.

index.php <- hidden from there
forumdisplay.php?fid=1 <-able to see forums inside the category here

but since forumdisplay.php and index.php both use the same css file
and therefore hide the category that you want to view in forudisplay.php?

(I think mybb1.2 had an option where you click to just hide the board instead of making it look like it doesnt exist)
Its a simple plugin, try to make a request in here: http://yaldaram.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3
hmm thats weird I cant seem to access your site right now is it down right now?

hmm is there a like a guide explain mybb's coding and how to create a plugin process because I am pretty good at php, html, and mysql but I dont want to take the time look over the whole entire script.
That CSS Part Just hide the forum from being visible but than It doesn't restrict to use.
If you have the link than you can open it easily .

Try it and If you fail Report here.
(2011-01-02, 07:46 AM)Rokudaime Wrote: [ -> ]hmm thats weird I cant seem to access your site right now is it down right now?
It is fine for Undecided
(2011-01-02, 07:51 AM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]That CSS Part Just hide the forum from being visible but than It doesn't restrict to use.
If you have the link than you can open it easily .

Try it and If you fail Report here.

k I will try it, just wondering if I do this method the data will still load but it just will not be visible right? Is there a way so it wont do that so I wont waste a lot of bandwidth because I plan to hide a lot of categories and forums in that matter

Pages: 1 2