MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Forum is doing weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

So once I deleted my forum, to upload my other site, I get an error with a database problem.

You can find my site here :
http://jvconnection.info/

And now I want to upload mybb again, and there weren't any files in the httpdocs file(the file to put the site in), and still I get the error you see currently on the site.

And now I uploaded mybb again, and still I get this error.

How can I solve this error and Install my mybb forum?

Thanks in advance

Martijn1
Wrong forum and what MyBB version do you run??
(2011-01-04, 09:04 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong forum and what MyBB version do you run??

The latest.
You'll get this if your database name or username are wrong in ./inc/config.php.
Make sure that the SQL database user has permissions from the remote address of the new location of your forums.
(2011-01-04, 09:09 PM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that the SQL database user has permissions from the remote address of the new location of your forums.

Config.php is empty.

How to do above?

And I reinstalled all files, deleted database, gave the files 777 permission who need it, only I miss the file avatars?

But how to solve this

Thanks!!
Are you using the same database as you have made in CPanel ? Double check your database name and type.
1) If your config.php is empty you haven't installed the forums correctly.
2) Are you using the same database that you were using before you moved the forums, or is it a freshly installed database?
3) Did you simply move your forums from one location to another or did you reinstall them with the MyBB Installer?
(2011-01-04, 09:35 PM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]1) If your config.php is empty you haven't installed the forums correctly.
2) Are you using the same database that you were using before you moved the forums, or is it a freshly installed database?
3) Did you simply move your forums from one location to another or did you reinstall them with the MyBB Installer?

I just want to start a new forum, new database etc
So I deleted the db

And uploaded new files
but still I'm getting the error, why?

thanks
Just run the installer if you want to start a totally fresh forum. If you're getting this error, your config.php has to have something in it, if it was empty, you'd be getting an error saying you hadn't installed yet.
Pages: 1 2