MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fixed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nevermind! I fixed it! Thanks for all your help!
(2011-01-11, 05:53 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Installer...figuration
This doesn't help me very much. I already looked at that, but I am still stuck.
What is the problem you are having??
Could not select the database 'localhost'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?
^^
That is the problem.
(2011-01-11, 05:56 PM)The Gamer Union Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-11, 05:53 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Installer...figuration
This doesn't help me very much. I already looked at that, but I am still stuck.

You need to add your database name, username and password. No need to touch any thing there except selecting MySQL from Database type drop down menu.
(2011-01-11, 06:00 PM)The Gamer Union Wrote: [ -> ]Could not select the database 'localhost'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?
^^
That is the problem.
Who is your host?? They might have specified a specific MySQL server location that you need to use instead of localhost.
Still, what do I type in? Specifically. What username, password and especially what DATABASE NAME?
(2011-01-11, 06:02 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-11, 06:00 PM)The Gamer Union Wrote: [ -> ]Could not select the database 'localhost'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?
^^
That is the problem.
Who is your host?? They might have specified a specific MySQL server location that you need to use instead of localhost.
Well, I am using WampServer 2.1.
Then I followed the instructions and got to the installation page. That is all.

One second. Let me try something.
Did you created any database from CPanel ?
How do I do that? I tried, but I don't understand all of the little forms to it.
Pages: 1 2 3