MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Max_user connection???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1203 - User acforum@a5712 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

What should I do about this.
Ask your host to increase the max_user_connections setting.
I recently started to get that same error too, I tried contacting my webhost and this is what he told me.

--------------------------
"Every second your mysql user runs several queries like "UPDATE mybb_users SET lastactive='1297094437', timeonline=timeonline+3 WHERE uid='44' " and 'SELECT u.*, f.*".

You should remove the shoutbox and all other extra added on the forum if you want it to load faster.

Hope this helps,"
-----------------------------

That does not help me at all and i know it's not the way to fix that damn error, I emailed them once more and this is the new reply.
----------------------------------

Unfortunately, due to the shared nature of our host, we would have to move your site to another host, you should look at dedicated or at least VPS.

----------------------------------

So what's my next option ? It's not like i have a load of traffic on my website, i get roughly like 40 members per 24hrs, i don't understand what and where that error comes from at all.

any suggestion will be appreciated, and thanks in advance guys.
Shoutboxes will add a lot of load to your forum, especially if it's set to refresh every second, they'll cause problems on shared hosting.
hello guys, I seriously need your help now,
a few days ago i started getting SQL errors on my forum like a posted above

SQL Error:
1203 - User deat2536_Chainzs already has more than 'max_user_connections' active
connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

This was happening once in a while and i have contacted my webhost since everyone was saying that my host needed to increase the max user connections allowed and only them could do it, after a few emails to them, they are telling me that this is all caused by the shoutbox itself, that it's refreshing too often and that i need to remove it from my forum, but the thing is that now.. i can't even log on to my forum at all, how can i remove the shoutbox
if i can't access the admin cp ???

Every second your mysql user runs several queries like "UPDATE mybb_users
SET lastactive='1297094437', timeonline=timeonline+3 WHERE uid='44' " and
'SELECT u.*, f.*".

they have cleared off locked connections to my database a few times saying that i would be able to log inbut without success and now my account has been suspended for continued database locking. This is causing adverse server performance issues and is negatively affecting customer service.

I still have access to my webhost cpanel.. and possibly could remove the shoutbox by running a SQL query no ?

Run SQL query/queries on server "localhost":

But what should i write and run to disactivate the shoutbox ? That's where i'm stuck at...
I'm using MyShoutBox for MyBB 1.4.x Copyright © 2009 Pirata Nervo
Just remove or rename the plugin file in the ./inc/plugins/ folder and it won't run.
i was afraid that it would give me another strange error.. i will try this and let you know if it works.
but they have suspended my account... i guess it won't work but i will see.
yup.. just like i expected now i have to wait for them to activate my account again.
move to another hosting company, and release your useless plugin for a moment.
btw, how big your forum is?
My forum isn't big at all, i have roughly around 40 members loging in each 24hrs,
the board is back online and running, without the shoutbox :o(

I had the shoutbox on every pages of my forum, could that be what caused all this crap ?
If it was to be only on the index page, would it still give me SQL error after a while ?

the refresh rate of the shoutbox was set to 30 seconds... but i never purged that thing
and it had probably a few hundred pages of shouts.
1. FTP to server
2. Edit the inc/settings.php
3. Find the the "boardclosed" setting and alter to "1".
4. Go into admincp and deactivate/uninstall shoutbox.
Pages: 1 2