MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB for iPhone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I was currently thinking about creating a MyBB application for the iPhone.

I know some people will say that a theme is better, but I would like to create a native application.

The current feature list will be the same as Lyndon D.'s project found here.

Feature List:
- View Categories/Forums
- Thread Listing
- Post View
- Replying
- Private Messaging
- User Profiles
I think this would be a great idea Smile Both vB and IPB have mobile application for their application.
Yeah, although last time I checked, IPB's one only displayed a webbrowser with the mobile theme loaded.

I'm going to try to do most/all of it without a plugin needed. The app would be free, however I may provide a customisation service which would customise the app to your forum without having to enter URL, custom colour scheme, etc.
This is great, I love the idea. Nowadays many appliations are iphone compatible. When at school, many of my classmates spend their recess time on their iPhone and on Facebook.
You'd need a plugin with this too, otherwise you won't be able to pass the information too the app Smile otherwise you'd need to give the app the database info for every site Toungue
Hmm, good point. I wouldn't need a plugin for submitting data though. If anyone wanted to help on the plugin side, that would help a lot.
Wasn't there already a plug-in for this?
MyBB go mobile is a mobile theme but other than that there isn't much Confused
(2011-01-14, 12:42 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB go mobile is a mobile theme but other than that there isn't much Confused

Its a plugin too.... it automatically detects if you're using a phone and switches to the mobile theme.
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with this Wink. I'm going to try and get started on this tonight.
Pages: 1 2