MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FTP Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure what I've done wrong. But I've uploaded all files to my host and all went well. Just not sure what to do now.

http://rtnhq.clanteam.com

I've read the installation guide and I believe I have to go to /forum/installer but there is no such page.
Help appreciated.
Well you obviously didn't upload it to the right location if at all.
What directory did you upload the files to?
Sorry if this is a stupid question and I'm wasting your time, but I'm new to this and just a bit stuck.
I'll post a screen, might make it easier.

[Image: 17-01-20117-24-28PM.png]
You have to upload it to the folder called "public_html".
Apparently there is no such folder. I'm going to delete it all and start again.
No, there's no reason to do that.
Create a folder called public_html, where your MyBB files are, then move all the MyBB files into public_html
okay I think I've worked it out. Cheers guys, I'll get back to you once it's finished uploading.
You don't always have to upload it to public_html different hosts are setup differently and in this case it seems the ftp logs you directly to the webserver's documentroot so if you make a public_html folder there your url will end up being site.com/public_html/forum

Just upload the files to the root folder or make a forum folder and upload them there if you want the url to be site.com/forum
woo it worked. Thanks a lot guys. Just had to upload it into the correct location Smile
Just going through the installer and I've encounted another problem on the "Database Configuration" screen.
This error pops up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting T_FUNCTION in /www/clanteam.com/r/t/n/rtnhq/htdocs/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 1354

$total = $time-$time_start;
$time_start = 0;
if($total < 0) $total = 0;
return $total;
}
}
}

<?php

They are the last lines of db_mysql.php and "<?php" is line 1354

Thanks a lot
Pages: 1 2