MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login successfully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum is http://undeadoralive.x10.mx
Starting yesterday afternoon, I have not been able to login to my forum successfully. Every time I login with the correct account info, I get the 'You have been successfully logged in' message, but then it shows on the index that I'm not logged in. I've had this problem many times before, and it has always been an issue with my cache. Well, this time, I cleared not only my cache but the rest of my browsing data such as history, cookies, download history, saved form data, and saved passwords; however, it still didn't work. I then tried flushing my DNS, but that didn't seem to work as well. After that, I tried using Firefox (instead of Chrome) to login, yet it didn't work on Firefox either.

Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!
Clear your browser cache and adjust your cookie settings: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
Your cookie settings are wrong. The cookie domain is .uora.net and should be .undeadoralive.x10.mx
Oh, I didn't see that. Thanks! This is solved now.
Thanks.
My forum's address is http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/ After upgrading to 1.6.1, users with a username that has uppercase letters in it, can't login. I followed the instructions for cookie setting and it seems to be correct for my forum. Another issue is that when I log in to the admin control panel, the address bar shows http://www.tabancatufek.com/www.tabancat.../index.php and asks me to enter my username/password again and again until I get rid of the duplicated www.tabancatufek.com Thanks for your help
I don;t think gun forums are really covered by these rules.

What actually happens when someone tries to login?? Says the login details are wrong?? Goes back to being a guest?? Usernames aren't case sensitive and I don't think anything changed between 1.6 and 1.6.1 that would have any effect on this... the only issue I know of is that usernames are (or at least, were) case sensitive when using SQLite.

As for the ACP issue, is that when clicking the link on the forum to go to the ACP, or after logging in...??

Also, for future reference, it'd be better to post a new thread rather than post in somebody else's which has been marked as solved...
Thanks Matt for answering. I was researching the issue and found this thread, did not know that I should open a new one, sorry about that.

When someone with a username that includes capital letters tries to login, he gets "username not found" error. We are using a MySql database. It seems like the username entered by the user is converted to all lowercase when checking whether the username exists: if the username in DB is 'test', then the user can login by providing 'test', 'TEST' or 'tEsT'. However if the username in DB is 'Test', even logging in with the exact casing does not work (i.e. Test)

For ACP issue, after the admin logs successfully into the admin control panel, the address bar shows an extra www.tabancatufek.com at the beginning of the address and every action requires username/password until the user manually removes the extra domain name for the address bar.

I appreaciate your help, thanks
What version were you on before upgrading to 1.6.1? Did the upgrade process go through smoothly? Lastly go to Admincp >> Tools & Maintenance >> File verification and check the files are valid.

Lastly, could you list your plugins?
(2011-01-17, 10:48 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]What version were you on before upgrading to 1.6.1? Did the upgrade process go through smoothly? Lastly go to Admincp >> Tools & Maintenance >> File verification and check the files are valid.

Lastly, could you list your plugins?

We upgraded from 1.2, no problems encountered with the upgrade. File verification reports missing files in the install folder: install folder was removed after the upgrade as per the instructions in the upgrade documentation.

Could you please verify that you don't see the following behavior in your environment? It seems like the username entered by the user is converted to all lowercase when checking whether the username exists: if the username in DB is 'test', then the user can login by providing 'test', 'TEST' or 'tEsT'. However if the username in DB is 'Test', even logging in with the exact casing does not work (i.e. Test).

Thanks
Pages: 1 2