MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently having trouble installing mybb 1.6. To start my site is TopicForums.net. I have Cpanel provided by my hosting. I uploaded the upload folder into public_html. I then proceeded to go to my cpanel and go to MySql database and made a data base and a username. I then saved all that and now I went back to my site and I am still getting the same page. Am I missing a step or doing something wrong? Please help.
So you've actually run through the MyBB installation script, or...?? Just creating the database doesn't install the forum...
See I think I made a mistake of following a tut on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxaiN_ro0M -- that one. I really don't know what I did. I followed all the steps that he did up to where he goes back to his site and gets the mybberror.
You basically just go to http://topicforums.net/install/index.php and follow the wizard through... where exactly have you put the files?? Wherever I go I just get a cPanel page.

I don't think you've done anything wrong, you've just not actually installed the forum yet...
(2011-01-18, 07:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You basically just go to http://topicforums.net/install/index.php and follow the wizard through... where exactly have you put the files?? Wherever I go I just get a cPanel page.

I don't think you've done anything wrong, you've just not actually installed the forum yet...

I have used filezilla and I uploaded the files to public_html folder. I am not sure what I did wrong or what I haven't completed yet. I get the same thing all cpanel when I go to the forum.
PM me FTP login details and I'll see where they are.
(2011-01-18, 07:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]PM me FTP login details and I'll see where they are.

Already did. Wink
OK, it doesn't look like you've done anything wrong, the files are in the correct place, I don't know why it's still showing the cPanel page... can you check with your host that your domain is pointing to the correct file root?? It's saying the files don't exist but I can see the files are there so it must be looking somewhere else.
(2011-01-18, 08:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]OK, it doesn't look like you've done anything wrong, the files are in the correct place, I don't know why it's still showing the cPanel page... can you check with your host that your domain is pointing to the correct file root?? It's saying the files don't exist but I can see the files are there so it must be looking somewhere else.

I made a support ticket asking. Hopefully I get a response fairly quick.
This is the response I got back from the hosting site.

First off I need to ask if you used the correct database settings for your forum. Exino Hosting does not use the defualt localhost setting as other hosting companies use. We use a set IP for databases on our server, you can find the information in your database settings in the cPanel. However, I will place that IP here for you right now.

"The mysql server's address is 10.25.3.136. When connecting to the mysql server you must specify this host."

Also, it seems that the apache server needed refreshing, so I went a head and did that. Please give a bit of time for this to work, I suggest if you can not install MyBB that you contact us again and we can preforum the installation for you at no cost via Teamviewer or on our end alone, which ever you prefer.

Thanks,
Tyler A.
Pages: 1 2