MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cross Site Scripting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi friends i am new to mybb

Recently was scanning my website with Acunetix Web Vulnerablity Scanner i got some Cross Site Scripting warning i am not get it where it is what it is just confused can any one help me

[Image: Imaffge1.png]
You dont need to know this where it is vulnerable, Juts upgrade your MYBB to the latest version...

These sorts of tests are often inaccurate and don't give any information on the error. Other people have run this test and it's said a file is vulnerable to something when it isn't. This just says that '/' is affected, what's that supposed to mean??
I have Patched my forum....still feeling scary... going for personal scan and finding more about it....

(2011-01-20, 01:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]These sorts of tests are often inaccurate and don't give any information on the error. Other people have run this test and it's said a file is vulnerable to something when it isn't. This just says that '/' is affected, what's that supposed to mean??

I probably think that is cookie path... {could be wrong }
and it can be handle very perfectly with XSS shots..

@rahul19285
Ok.... Listen You first upgrade your forum to latest version....

your forum version.. -> its probably would be 1.6.0

SO you do following patches,

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| MyBB 1.6.0 - Security Update Patch File |
| © 2010 MyBB Group. |
| |
| This patch file fixes two medium risk security issues with 1.6.0 |
| |
| Please follow the instructions documented to manually patch your board. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

===============
1. editpost.php
===============

Find:
--
// Setup a unique posthash for attachment management
$posthash = $post['posthash'];
--

Replace with:
--
// Setup a unique posthash for attachment management
$posthash = htmlspecialchars_uni($post['posthash']);
--

===============
2. newreply.php
===============

Find:
--
elseif($mybb->input['action'] == "editdraft")
{
// Drafts have posthashes, too...
$posthash = $post['posthash'];
}
else
{
$posthash = $mybb->input['posthash'];
}
--

Replace with:
--
elseif($mybb->input['action'] == "editdraft")
{
// Drafts have posthashes, too...
$posthash = htmlspecialchars_uni($post['posthash']);
}
else
{
$posthash = htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->input['posthash']);
}
--

===============
3. member.php
===============

Find:
--
// Redirect to the page where the user came from, but not if that was the login page.
if($mybb->input['url'] && !preg_match("/action=login/i", $mybb->input['url']))
{
$redirect_url = htmlentities($mybb->input['url']);
}
elseif($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])
{
$redirect_url = htmlentities($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']);
}
--

Replace with:
--
// Redirect to the page where the user came from, but not if that was the login page.
if($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] && strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], "action=login") === false)
{
$redirect_url = htmlentities($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']);
}
else
{
$redirect_url = '';
}
--

ALL DONE

(2011-01-20, 01:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]These sorts of tests are often inaccurate and don't give any information on the error. Other people have run this test and it's said a file is vulnerable to something when it isn't. This just says that '/' is affected, what's that supposed to mean??

I probably think that is cookie path... {could be wrong }
and it can be handle very perfectly with XSS shots..
Grave i have latest mybb 1.6.1 and i check all php i think no need to change anything
thanx to all for reply Smile
May be that was inaccurate test
Is your forum in root or in some folder....
ok...
than it cant be cookie Confused
as your cookie path is
/forum

anyways will do self testing on some things... ignore such message for now, thats it I can say right now.
the cookie path does not need to be '/forum', it can be '/' and work just fine
(2011-01-20, 04:02 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]the cookie path does not need to be '/forum', it can be '/' and work just fine

Even if there is some other site script in root folder... and MYBB is in forum folder.
Pages: 1 2