MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Remember Me Box From "WelcomeBlock"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Simple thing. The "remember me" option when logging in on the theme I am using, on the top bar, looks ugly, and most browsers ask if you want to remember your pass without ticking the box. Without the language, (removed the "(lang>.....)" in a template) it just says undefined, and I cannot figure out how to remove the text and the box.

Any help is apriciated.

Thanks

-gbd
(2011-01-22, 09:55 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]most browsers ask if you want to remember your pass without ticking the box

That's a completely different sort of remembering; that's to store your username and password inside the browser itself, the box is to remember 'you' and automatically log you in. Checking this box will mean you won't need to login every time you visit the forum, it means the cookie won't expire when you close your browser. Your browser will store your password if you tell it too, but all that'll do is pre-fill the login box every time people visit the site, they'll still have to login every visit; is this how you'd want it to work??
Meh, Ill just put up with the horrible box position Smile
(2011-01-22, 09:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-22, 09:55 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]most browsers ask if you want to remember your pass without ticking the box

That's a completely different sort of remembering; that's to store your username and password inside the browser itself, the box is to remember 'you' and automatically log you in. Checking this box will mean you won't need to login every time you visit the forum, it means the cookie won't expire when you close your browser. Your browser will store your password if you tell it too, but all that'll do is pre-fill the login box every time people visit the site, they'll still have to login every visit; is this how you'd want it to work??

not who you are replying to, but I do want to disable the remember me box. I don't want users to have the option. And I want it defaulted to off. So if they close their browser, they'll have to login every time they visit the site. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Remove this from ./jscripts/general.js

if(this.browser == "ie")
{
	var span = document.createElement("<span class=\"remember_me\">");
}
else
{
	var span = document.createElement("span");
	span.setAttribute("class", "remember_me");
}
if(this.browser == "ie")
{
	var input = document.createElement("<input name=\"quick_remember\">");
}
else
{
	var input = document.createElement("input");
	input.setAttribute("name", "quick_remember");
}
input.setAttribute("type", "checkbox");
input.setAttribute("checked", "checked");
input.setAttribute("value", "yes");
input.setAttribute("class", "checkbox");
input.id = 'quick_login_remember';
span.appendChild(input);

span.innerHTML += "<label for=\"quick_login_remember\"> "+lang.remember_me+"</label>";
form.appendChild(span);
Thanks and I won't need to edit any code in the templates
Specifically

member_login template where this is the code:

<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="2" align="center"><label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label></td>
</tr>
Oh yes, that's for the full login page, forgot about that, yeah you'll need to remove that too.
(2011-03-02, 06:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yes, that's for the full login page, forgot about that, yeah you'll need to remove that too.

great, Thanks for the quick replies

who knew? I could support.....support Big Grin
(2011-03-02, 05:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Remove this from ./jscripts/general.js

if(this.browser == "ie")
{
	var span = document.createElement("<span class=\"remember_me\">");
}
else
{
	var span = document.createElement("span");
	span.setAttribute("class", "remember_me");
}
if(this.browser == "ie")
{
	var input = document.createElement("<input name=\"quick_remember\">");
}
else
{
	var input = document.createElement("input");
	input.setAttribute("name", "quick_remember");
}
input.setAttribute("type", "checkbox");
input.setAttribute("checked", "checked");
input.setAttribute("value", "yes");
input.setAttribute("class", "checkbox");
input.id = 'quick_login_remember';
span.appendChild(input);

span.innerHTML += "<label for=\"quick_login_remember\"> "+lang.remember_me+"</label>";
form.appendChild(span);

nevermind... thanks again
will this still apply when I upgrade to 1.6.3

or will the code changes be different?
It's the same in 1.6.3
Pages: 1 2