MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a plugin for who VIEWED the thread (not viewing)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need a plugin that will list all the users who've already viewed the thread on the bottom. Is there such plugin?
Ah yes but this doesn't really do what I wanted. I just wanted a list of users who viewed the topic on the bottom of the thread where the quick reply is and visible to everyone, not just moderators.

But thanks for link!
That is not available but I'll create you this shortly Wink
if you have a lot of users, that is a lot to load for every user, most of which wont care who viewed, and many of your users probably dont want their private browsing divulged like that.
Well it will show just their name as text on the bottom like

[Image: whoviewed.jpg]

And Pavemen: This doesn't violate their privacy..it just shows that they read the topic in the past 30 days...and if they are currently VIEWING the thread, they can go in invisible mode and it displays as

Members Viewing this thread now: 3 (Joe, James)

It won't show their name event if they were viewing since it says 3 and there only 2 listed who chose not to be in invisible mode.

The amount of logging you have to do for this to work and then to query that data is an incredible waste. Nifty info that is going to make your site crawl to a slow death.
Oh ok. I just saw it on a vB forum and thought it'd be cool to have it since it shows everyone who viewed the topic and all.
Cool != Smart

Curious how many members that forum has?
It has a good 1000 members who are active and the forum doesn't lag at all when I view a thread....I guess when someone visits the page it just puts their name down or something? I don't think you'd need to fetch anything from the database of people who have viewed a thread but then again I'm not sure how it works. I thought it just puts your name down when you first view the thread and adds it to the bottom box that has

"Members who have viewed this thread: 400:
Joe, John, Smith, etc etc"

Pages: 1 2