MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin; Unable to change board url
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm unable to remained logged in, so that I cannot change my board url. I thought changing the info inside inc/settings.php would resolve it however it hasn't. Is there any other way or any ideas how I can do this? If I log in and change the url, it asks me to log in again but doesn't keep the details.
When you change the Board URL, do you also change the cookie settings again?? If you don't, when you save the settings, the old cookie settings will come back. After editing cookie settings in settings.php, you have to change them in the ACP afterwards.
(2011-01-26, 10:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]When you change the Board URL, do you also change the cookie settings again?? If you don't, when you save the settings, the old cookie settings will come back. After editing cookie settings in settings.php, you have to change them in the ACP afterwards.
The cookie settings actually haven't changed, they're correct. Just the board url. Is there a way of editing it within mysql?

Just tried changing the cookie settings it didn't recall it when it asked me to login after clicking 'save'..
If the cookie settings are correct when you look at them in the ACP it shouldn't be causing any problems... what's your URL?? If you edit it via the database, you'd need to delete settings.php to let it regenerate with the new settings.
Your cookie domain there is empty and should be .footballmanics.com, is this what you're setting it to??
I've attempted to edit it, although in my settings.php file it's actually there. Once I'm asked to log back in after adding it, It's missing again.

Any suggestions on how I can get around this?
Are you sure it's in settings.php...?? The forum uses directly what's in settings.php, so if it's showing blank on the forum, it'll be blank in settings.php...
I'm absolutely sure that it's in the settings.php file, I checked when you mentioned it.
$settings['bburl'] = "http://footballmanics.com/forums";
$settings['canviewownwarning'] = "1";
$settings['captchaimage'] = "1";
$settings['bbcodeinserter'] = "1";
$settings['smilieinserter'] = "1";
$settings['faxno'] = "";
$settings['contactlink'] = "mailto:[email protected]";
$settings['cplanguage'] = "english";
$settings['cpstyle'] = "";
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".footballmanics.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums/";
There must be something else going on here then, as I said, the forum uses directly what's in settings.php, and it's saying the cookie domain is empty, and it's using a different board URL to what you have set there... can you PM me FTP and forum admin login details??
Pages: 1 2