MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation email not being sent!! Arrghhh been like this for 3 weeks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't understand! Jeez...I contacted my hosting company, they said everything is fine, and then a few weeks ago I posted here on mybb forums, people told me to run this wiki:mail script and it does say "mail sent successfully by PHP" but the mail never arrives in my inbox!

What's wrong please help me!!!
Have you checked your spam mail?
Yes, I've checked everything. Nothing is working Sad

Maybe If I give some more information this may be resolved:

I'm using mybb1.6
My hosting company is godaddy
I am using a godaddy email account as the primary email to send out the registration activation emails
-Yes, I tested the godaddy email to send a test message to my gmail and it came almost instantly
-Yes, I used the wiki:mail.php file and it said "Mail sent by PHP successfully" but no email arrived in my gmail's inbox
-Yes I specified what email to use in Mail Settings in ACP > Configuration > Mail Settings

Anything else??
I think I need to know how/what mybb is trying to send out the mail and I need to know which script its using to do this so I can take a look at it...
Sad
actually,go daddy sucks a bit,not for this mail but actually it does,never buy hosting from such companies providing free domains,etc!

@topic: have you run MAIL task thingy from Tools and Maintenance tab from ACP?
Yeah I ran the task...still not luck Sad

This is so not cool.....other mybb forums have their activation emails sent instantly, other forums who use godaddy hosting have their activation emails arrive instantly, why doesn't mine work lol Sad

I called godaddy like a 100 times and they keep saying there's nothing wrong with the server....blehh what's going on? Sad
Try it with a different hosting provider. Can we have a link? Do you have the mail settings correct?

Also if this persist consider changing hosts. I know http://polar-host.com is a great one.
Yeah I'm tempted to changing hosts but I know nothing about databases and all and I think I might screw something up and all that work I put into my forum will be gone Sad

And what do you mean by the mail settings?
In the godaddy control panel area there should be some mail settings area. Did you set that up when you set MyBB up?

By the way i'm sure if you ask Polar host they'd transfer for you.
What mail settings? I mean, the only mail settings there is is this form_mailer thing where you specify the email to send out emails from, and I've already put the email address to send out emails to in there...
By the way, what file does mybb use to send out the activation emails? Can someone point me ou the file or location of the function that does this?
can someone give me their php.ini settings...Im not sure if its because of this or not ...I seem to get it working but the emails arrive >1 hour later which really sucks!
If mail is not going through even with the script in the wiki then its not a MyBB problem but a problem with your host.
The script is very basic and has nothing to do with MyBB. I suggest you get in touch with godaddy and show them the test script in the wiki and tell them that its not working with that and they should check it out.
Pages: 1 2