MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help - Can't login after moving to new host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been trying to login to my site without success. I moved my site and the database backup to a new host, I have modified the config.php settings in the inc folder but I still can't login. I tried modifying the settings.php, but from my knowledge, I don't know if it would be of any use since it's a generated file.
When I login into my admin it shows the dashboard, but on clicking any link, it brings me back to a login. I guess it has to do with cookies, but since I can't access the site's settings, I don't know how I can deal with that. Sad
There is nothing we can do to help you at all if you don't prove us with your URL.
(2011-01-30, 02:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing we can do to help you at all if you don't prove us with your URL.
Sorry, but what do you mean 'prove us with your URL'??
Sorry, I meant provide.
the old site is www.unnconnect.tk
and the new site is www.uinconnect.com/forum
And the new one is in the /forum/ folder, correct?? The cookie settings are set correctly, try clearing your browser cookies and try again. I registered an account and can log in and out fine so it sounds like a browser rather than a configuration issue.
Thanks, just rechecked it and it's working fine now.
Maybe it's because I just changed some settings manually in the settings.php file using a cookie settings generator at http://www.dennistt.net/mybb/cookiesettings.php

Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate Smile
Remember that if you've changed settings.php manually, you'll have to make sure you make the changes again in the General Configuration settings in the ACP.
yeah, it was really odd. Just went to the settings now, and it wasn't really changed sort of. I just changed it again now. really surprised
The settings page in the ACP uses the values from the database, which will still be the old settings, so you need to update them again in the ACP to update the database, and then everything is in sync.
Pages: 1 2